#37282  by strumminsix

gratephulphish123 wrote:frat boys ruin everyones music :mad:
LOL! Nice stereotype! I'm sure you like the stereotype that all DeadHeads are lazy potsmokers mooching off society as the wander aimlessly through life begging for food for their dog who looks cleaner than them in a beat-up vw van with more pot than possessions.

Okay, I am totally joking.

But seriously, it's not the frat boys. The Phish scene was overrun in my area my high-school kids looking to get high as well as other random people too but the people looking for drugs is what killed it.

FTR - it was my fraternity bro that got me into phish and started me well off with a very nice tape collection of both Dead and Phish!

#37333  by shakedown_04092

weirimpressed wrote:I love phish, but not really any of the post-hiatus stuff or materials from 2000's. I kinda feel like they peaked too early, and the scene grew out of control for even the musicians to handle. My favorite songs are the jammier and bluesier songs like funky bitch, possum, divided sky, gumbo, curtain..
We just posted a recent version of Gumbo on our site, check it out @ http://www.myspace.com/heavydime
 #62443  by greenhand

Hey everyone, I'm a first and foremost a fan of Phish but I am admittedly
also a member of Assembly of Dust's street team. Forgive the intrusion. If
you don't already know AOD they are giving away the track ³Arc of the Sun²
featuring Mike Gordon (of Phish)
on their site http://www.aodust.com. Its
worth giving a listen to! AOD is giving away a new track every Tuesday until
July 14th featuring artists like Jerry Douglas, John Scofield, Richie
Havens, Al Schnier and more! Again sorry if this feels spammy but I was
eager to share the news!
-Lynn
 #62455  by Highballin'

jck_strw wrote:I don't like Phish. Your thoughts?
I know this is kinda korny, but I remember when I first started seeing Phish stickers on the back of Deadheads cars, I thought that was some new wacky nickname for Phil Lesh. A combination of his first and last name. I never thought twice about it, until a year or so later some dudes I was Hacking with, put on some "new" band called Phish. Songs about tweezers and freezers...it was good to hack to and crisp-out with!! It never stuck with me though. I think the bands directions and influences and "feeling" is great. Peace-out!!
 #62555  by GratefulPat

phish is amazing! though the dead is 100 times better in every way, musically, lyrically, emotional connection, you name it there better. but phish is something not everyone gets, theres more behind the goofy lyrics then meets the eye. im seeing them on fathers day for my present.... going to be great
 #62557  by NashvilleMike

OK I wasn't going to say anything because it would just bump this up again but since it is anyway...

Phish...I just don't get it.

It's got a peculiar beat and is hard to dance to. I give it a 46.
 #62567  by dleonard

I've always thought a good way to describe alot of Phish's music was silly
 #62573  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

Rusty the Scoob wrote:If you can't dance to post '97 Phish you are one uncoordinated mofo. :lol:
hahahahaha.

:cool:
 #62577  by krzykat

Most of the people on here know my views of phish. They just never got my body movin! I could shake it all night to jerry, even to panic. But phish never did it. My ex was totally into them so i did a couple tours, went in most nights but then just started staying in the lot and vending.
there are a few tunes that are o.k. (just like i dont like all dead tunes i dont dislike all phish).

I will say that i had to get one of the AARP TOUR shirts on dead lot!
 #62582  by bodiddley

After years of fellow Heads pushing them on me and hang ups over Phish for various reasons (mostly the goofy factor), This old fart is actually starting to dig them. Maybe I'm just starving for something different and a little burnt on the GD at the moment but I am seriously considering ordering a couple shows from their website. The "David Bowie" I saw on youtube from their Knoxville show last week is simply amazing. The other day I streamed a whole show from NugsNet and really enjoyed it.
 #62583  by bodiddley

"Your liver pays dearly now for youthful magic moments, but rock on completely with some brand new components".....CAKE!
 #62586  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers

bodiddley wrote:"Your liver pays dearly now for youthful magic moments, but rock on completely with some brand new components".....CAKE!
"Excess ain't rebellion."

Not to threadjack this, but Motorcade of Generosity happens to be one of the all time great original rock albums IMO. Well placed quote. :hail:
 #62589  by bodiddley

Ya, I Iove Cake, my kinda quirky humor. Only seen 'em once though. They don't get around much. I'd go check out Phish, but right now the Cleveland concert scene is absolutley dead and I have no plans to road trip. Man, every fucking band is dissin' Cleveland lately...it sucks.