name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #92466  by vwdeadhead

Hey now, know some of you guys from .org
My Names is Jason and I live just outside Buffalo, NY and play in the band Funktional Flow.
I play guitar. Have a Carvin SH65 and a few others, but the Carvin is my main guitar.
Have a Mesa Boogie Mark III Blue Stripe into a custom Pine 2x12 Cab with 2 Vintage Celestion Vintage 30 Speakers and an assortment of pedals.

Really glad to finally sign up over here. Been meaning to for a while now but never got around to it.

Hope all is well.
Jason
 #92482  by Gr8fulGreg

WELCOME FRIEND

Im a carvin player as well (bolt kit for me) looking for a new rig tho if your looking to sell anything let me know!
be well
grateful greg-head
 #92483  by tcsned

Welcome aboard Greg! Nice Mark III - I love mine and gigged heavily with it from 89-2003 and am now using it as a power amp for my SMS preamp. Your is in great shape, mine looks like it was run over by a truck :-)
 #92485  by vwdeadhead

Hey man thanks a lot
I am loving it
Still dialing it all in

Would you recommend using a half open back on that cab or fully closed???

-Jason
 #92487  by vwdeadhead

Gr8fulGreg wrote:WELCOME FRIEND

Im a carvin player as well (bolt kit for me) looking for a new rig tho if your looking to sell anything let me know!
be well
grateful greg-head
What are you looking for??
I have a 72' Fender Silverface Twin Reverb I may be selling with a toad case on wheels
Def needs work
I have new speakers for it as well
Have some other things as well just let me know
 #92494  by tcsned

vwdeadhead wrote:Hey man thanks a lot
I am loving it
Still dialing it all in

-Jason
LOL - I thought that was Greg's amp :oops:
I've got the half open cab and it has served me well . . . other than being the size of a 4x12 and weighing more than my Twin. Probably got close to 1,000 gigs in it with original speakers (1 with a hole I plugged with silicon) and it still works great but also looks like it was run over by a truck. I don't think I've ever run it into a fully closed cab.
 #92499  by vwdeadhead

tcsned wrote:
vwdeadhead wrote:Hey man thanks a lot
I am loving it
Still dialing it all in

-Jason
LOL - I thought that was Greg's amp :oops:
I've got the half open cab and it has served me well . . . other than being the size of a 4x12 and weighing more than my Twin. Probably got close to 1,000 gigs in it with original speakers (1 with a hole I plugged with silicon) and it still works great but also looks like it was run over by a truck. I don't think I've ever run it into a fully closed cab.
Awesome Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I have it opened for now but was gonna try it closed to see how it sounds. I have always liked half open Cabs for some reason.
 #92507  by Tennessee Jedi

Jason and Greg !
Welcome aboard ....
hey Jason
You good people
met you that one time seeing your band
If you get time send me a pm about that Twin .....
Peace Dude
:D
 #92510  by vwdeadhead

Tennessee Jedi wrote:Jason and Greg !
Welcome aboard ....
hey Jason
You good people
met you that one time seeing your band
If you get time send me a pm about that Twin .....
Peace Dude
:D
Hell yea I remember you man
You are the reason I am over here

Pm on the way
 #92526  by mtjam

Welcome Jason, grew up and lived in Tonawanda until my escape in 1978 to the Rockies.
 #92528  by vwdeadhead

mtjam wrote:Welcome Jason, grew up and lived in Tonawanda until my escape in 1978 to the Rockies.
That's Awesome Man. My Gf is originally from up here. She lived in Hamburg we now live in West Falls. I am originally from Scranton, PA. Really like it up this way. Lived in Asheville, NC for 3 years as well. Loved it there.
I would love to live out your way someday.
 #92535  by mtjam

Nice goal, though you'll have to get used to wide open spaces, no traffic/people and no concerts. The rural Mt county I live in is 100 miles long, 8 towns/communities, no traffic lights, 10K population and at least 2 hours away from any place large enough to have concerts. Trade offs with everything.