name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #173135  by Slewfoot2000

Hi Gang,

Hope everyone is doing well! I registered the other month and figured I'd put that to good use.

I just started playing guitar last year (25 years overdue!) and am having a blast. Still learning techniques and chords which I expect will be a lifelong endeavor as it should be.

Learned a lot in these forums over the past few months and hope to be able to give back where I can.

Thank you to all involved in helping to keep it all going!

Current setup is in the attached photo below which goes into a 1966 Fender Twin. Sounds pretty darn good to my ears! It has some Jerry, some Trey and some other fun stuff. The Travis Bean is amazing and unique with it's added single coil. Feel very lucky to have found it.

#173136  by lbpesq

Well howdy Slew, and welcome to the forum. Very nice pedal board you've put together. A lot of the best of the best. Is that your Wolf in the avatar? Who built it?

Bill, tgo
 #173137  by Slewfoot2000

lbpesq wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:36 pm Well howdy Slew, and welcome to the forum. Very nice pedal board you've put together. A lot of the best of the best. Is that your Wolf in the avatar? Who built it?

Bill, tgo

Thanks! That is actually THE Wolf itself. I was lucky enough to hold it for a bit years back before it came up for auction a few weeks later. It really does have such a unique feel to it and is truly a work of art, as we know. I only wish I actually played guitar back then!
lbpesq liked this
 #173138  by lbpesq

Wow! I saw Jerry play Wolf many times, and have seen others play it a few times. But actually holding it! I'm extremely jealous! OTOH, my custom Alembic Further ain't exactly chopped liver.

Bill, tgo
 #173140  by Slewfoot2000

lbpesq wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:11 pm Wow! I saw Jerry play Wolf many times, and have seen others play it a few times. But actually holding it! I'm extremely jealous! OTOH, my custom Alembic Further ain't exactly chopped liver.

Bill, tgo

Awesome and I'll bet that Alembic is special! Wish I could have seen Wolf live in action back in the day. Glad you have those memories.