name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #172774  by natebernstein

Longtime Dead fan, Garcia admirer and guitarist in the NYC area here. Found this forum when searching for information on Jerry's gear and have found it very useful. Thank you! Hope to be able to contribute some as well.
strumminsix liked this
 #172776  by lbpesq

Hi Nate,and welcome to the club. Always nice to have another head on the bus! I grew up just north of the Bronx, but moved to California 12 days after seeing The Band open for The Dead at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City on Jerry's 31st birthday in 1973.

Bill, tgo
 #172778  by Jon S.

This here Brooklyn native is embarrased to admit he only first made it to Roosevelt Stadium for a Dead show in 1974! :o

Welcome.
 #172785  by natebernstein

lbpesq wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:04 pm Hi Nate,and welcome to the club. Always nice to have another head on the bus! I grew up just north of the Bronx, but moved to California 12 days after seeing The Band open for The Dead at Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City on Jerry's 31st birthday in 1973.

Bill, tgo
Damn, I was just a wee one then. Born too late to see the Dead in their glory. First show was Giants Stadium 1991. Caught a few good ones before the wheels fell off.
 #172817  by Megatokyo

Welcome! I was born after Jerry's passing sadly, but his influence lives on through the Dead's music. I wanna see Dead and Company and Dark Star Orchestra one day.