name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #171453  by Ol'Slewfoot

I recently stumbled upon this place and thought I should say hi.

I've been playing stringed instruments since 1977. First violin, but then I picked up a guitar in 1984 and never looked back. Too bad too, because I didn't recognize the value of being a fiddle player.
I've played guitar on and off but focused on bass, because we could never find enough bassists. I put down the axe when my son was born 7 years ago and recently picked back up the guitar. I'm working diligently to work the rust off.

I saw the Dead fairly regularly from the late 80s to Jerry's passing. My musical tastes vary from rock to old school thrash and metal to classic and outlaw country through bluegrass.

I'm currently reconfiguring my first electric guitar, a Japanese made Vantage Avenger AV 310. I was surprised to find out it was actually a respectably built guitar, so I'm resurrecting it with a pair of p-rails and triple shots. It should be fun.
I have an epiphone emperor swinger on the way, and I'm strongly considering a lap steel.

I'm originally from Long Island, NY and moved to central VA where I put down roots 17 years ago.

Enough babbling for now. Thanks for having me
strumminsix liked this
 #171455  by lbpesq

Well “Howdy” & welcome to the forum! I played sax in school band until I discovered electric guitar, weed & girls. (and that the guitar and weed helped get the girls! ). Wish I’d kept up with the saxophone. I’m not familiar with the Vantage, I’ll have to do a little research. I’ve seen some nice Alembic-like Vantage neck-throughs.

Bill, the guitar one
Ol'Slewfoot liked this
 #171456  by Ol'Slewfoot

I’m not familiar with the Vantage, I’ll have to do a little research. I’ve seen some nice Alembic-like Vantage neck-throughs.
Picture a strat and an SG having a bolt neck baby. Ash body with maple neck and fingerboard. It's very comfortable to play with a few body tapers in the right places.