name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #166094  by Flanker_27

Hello everyone,

I've recently discovered the Grateful Dead, and I feel like I missed a part of my life before I found out about this band! I've got lots of lost time to pick up, and that's why I'm here now.
Apart from that, I'm starting to be a half-decent guitar player, don't play in a band, but would like to get better, and I live in Russia.

See you on the forums!
joshq, strumminsix liked this
 #166100  by ChinaCatMatt

Welcome

I went to Russia back in 1991. Right after the coup. I think it was November. Pretty cold. But it was definitely a cool trip.

What’s your favorite year for the dead shows?
 #166117  by Flanker_27

Thanks for your message! I can't really say what's my favourite year, as I've recently discovered the band; I don't have enough knowledge about the band and its style variations along the years yet. But I watched a 1977 concert (at Winterland, if I'm not mistaken) and it was quite great.
 #166128  by ChinaCatMatt

nice Im a big fan of 77. They are always great, but we all have our favorites. A lot of the vibe is carried by who is on the keys in a sense. So that’s when the drastic sound changes occur. But Bobby always plays with a bunch of effects that change through the years. While Jerry stays pretty static through the years with no major changes too often anyway. You’ll find your favorites there are some good phone apps that have all the shows on them that are worth checking out.
Good luck !