name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #165837  by Butta

Long time user, finally got around to register on RUKIND. First show was 1980 when Jerry's Band played my college, instantly hooked. Love the music, love the shows (the ones I can remember and even more the ones I can't).

When I was 39 my wife asked what I wanted and I said a guitar, so technically all this may be her fault. The gear list has grown since, but it's not yet tough to walk around the basement. Early purchases are still my favorites, with a frankensteined Epiphone Les Paul being the guitar as one that see's the least amount of case time. Replaced just about everything on the guitar, tuners/nut/bridge/pots/switch/PU's. Pickguard my be the only changeable piece that is original, it'll be replaced at some point. Tube amps hit my ear the best. Fender Supersonic was the favorite until I found the VOX AC15. I have a Roland Cube (battery powered) that has some modeling that I've always been impressed with whenever I get the chance to play through it.

I remember having Europe 72 on 8-track, actually it was only one of the 3. That and Working Man's are still two albums (all of 72) I'd bring to the desert island. Terrapin Station always makes me feel weird, kinda like I'm not supposed to be hearing it.

For the past 15 years (on/off) I get together with friends once a week to play. 70-80's rock and some older blues, I get a few Dead tunes in the mix.
This is our group therapy, I'll suggest everyone finds this in their lives and if you can't you are more than welcome to come hang out with us. (BTW, we need a drummer!) I don't golf, the money saved goes to strings and pedals versus putters and golf balls.
rugger liked this
 #165844  by TI4-1009

Welcome! Fellow AC-15 owner here. Celestion Blue?