name, city, instrument, years of playing, current band, gear
 #162632  by MikeMcA

Another NW Deadhead checking in. I've been on the bus since 82, playing since 87 or so. Jerry is my #1 influence although I also dig the high-gain Marshall guys (EVH primarily).

I started chasing down Jerry's tone in earnest about 6 months ago and I've been obsessively poring through the wealth of info archived here. Big thanks to everyone who has shared their knowledge over the years, it's been invaluable.

My rig is a work in progress. I'm currently playing a Jerrycaster with a blaster through a Boogie MK IIC+ into an HT-style 1x12 with a K120. Pedals are OD-1, OD-2, D+, TruTron, Phase 100. Reverb and delay are in constant flux; at the moment it's a T-Rex Replica and a Strymon Flint.

I have an SMS and a Liger on order and I'm looking forward to finally playing through an OBEL for the first time.

I've not gigged in a long time. My job and family commitments rule it out for now although it's something I would love to find time for again someday.

Thanks again to everybody. This site is an absolute goldmine for Jerry-minded guitar nerds. Cheers.
strumminsix, TI4-1009 liked this
 #162633  by Rusty the Scoob

Hello, Mike! Love it in Portland, we'll be back there in a few weeks on 10/4 for I think the 4th time, always a blast and we get some good hangout time in that club. Your rig sounds like it's coming along nicely, and I've been on a pretty big EVH kick myself the past few years in my off time.
MikeMcA liked this
 #162637  by TI4-1009

Welcome fellow Mike! I used to get out to Portland quite a bit from 1990-2005. The company I used to work for had a plant up in St. Helens. I love it out there, my daughter got her Masters in Music down in Eugene and teaches music up in WA now.
MikeMcA liked this
 #162646  by Jon S.

Hi, Mike. Welcome to RUKIND!
MikeMcA liked this
 #162741  by Pete B.

Welcome! Give a shout if you ever want to Jerry out for a few. :cool:
I am in Portland, too.
Pete :)
MikeMcA liked this