#84981  by strummingturtle

communication breakdown. It is hard for people to understand your intentions sometimes on threads because they cannot here the tone that is behind the words.
Moving on to what this forum is about.
 #85049  by jck_strw

No worries. Please ignore the quick-to-snip. Feel free to ask whatever you want.
 #85058  by strumminsix

jck_strw wrote:No worries. Please ignore the quick-to-snip. Feel free to ask whatever you want.
Am I the quick the snip?

Sure, feel free to ask what you want but do a search first and don't jump into someones unrelated thread to ask your question and don't ask the same question multiple times in different threads.

Bottom line, we have a wealth of knowledge here. Many contributions have been made by folks who are no longer active on the boards. So in the interest of getting the best information and having a single source of information and respecting those who have already those answered questions dozens of times it's best to do a search and even resurrect an old thread with new information or questions.

I see part of my responsibility here is to protect both the integrity of the board as well as the information on the board.

I've spoken to many members who say they do searches all the time and find information they were going to ask about.

Many others say the love a resurrected thread which already covers the baseline so new information can be discussed without all the pedestrian questions.

Carry on if you will but I'm done talking about it.

Jck_straw if you take issue with what I've done let me know via PM.

Same to you, turtle. I've already sent you 1 PM on this that could have avoided all this drama but you chose to ignore it and go public first.
 #86247  by desireindisguise

omfg this is too funny....and so indicative of why i deleted my account a few months ago after several years of posting. ive come back a few times to read a couple interesting posts....but to see this display is just hilarious :lol:
Many contributions have been made by folks who are no longer active on the boards
this is so true, but we leave for very good reasons. you've just provided turtle a very good one.
I see part of my responsibility here is to protect both the integrity of the board as well as the information on the board.
this is a big problem - you come off as super arrogant, unapproachable and generally a total dickhead. there i said it - strummin', you've helped me in the past, but always at a price. you are RUDE, insensitive and brash. you act as though it's a privilege to correspond with you, as though your "information" and "know how" are somehow a standard above the rest. so while you might think that you are protecting the "integrity of the board" you just look like another internet junkie taking something like a message board WAY TO SERIOUSLY. you jumped down that gentleman's throat for no GOOD reason, rudely shrugged off his protest (which was totally reasonable) and then a trail of half-hearted board "supporters" casually "kind of" agree with you. dude, you're such a dick :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you guys should be happy people are talking around here - about anything.....this place has been dying for some time - too many chiefs, not enough indians. someone take this guys veto power away already - you have a knack at ruining threads and disgruntling good people with valid questions. why dont you just answer the guy instead of acting like a dick huh? are you too good for that? is your precious board too organized to fit that question in that particular thread? fucking hilarious, what a crock. you owe that guy an apology. :lol:

you see the response you got turtle? well, it just gets worse from there - this board is FILLED with douches who want you to think they have one over you - don't let them do it. too many of you are going around pulling names and claiming to be friends of friends and thats why you should respect them and kiss their ass and give them accolades - fuck that, grow up. :lol:
how ridiculous, ....how sad....too funny! :lol:
that could have avoided all this drama
seriously...you can't convince me that you are actually that dense....you're like the most annoying mall-cop but you patrol these dying message boards, what, do you get updates on your phone, stop what you're doing and come in here to police a thread? are you really that petty? and to be that rude about it!? avoid drama? what corner of the barn did you grow up in? this whole calamity has outcropped from your uncouth behavior. quit acting like a privileged snob for once. jesus fucking christ your an asshole :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i know, i know, this will be deleted because its not in the correct thread or forum - :lol:
but i dont fucking care and for the record this post should come off as rude as possible for the limited amount of time i'm allowing myself to type to you. anymore responding to your posts will cost you something, seeing as my time is too valuable to waste on a nobody like you :lol: "my god you act as though i owe you an answer when you ask me a question"

get over yourself, dick. im just saying what everyone else has been thinking for a long time. this place would be THRIVING if about 5 of you "select" individuals would either just go away or ban themselves for acting like entitled idiots. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

again...too funny..what will be more funny is your whiny response about how rude i am and how many times i swore in my post. well, good i hope you waste a ton of time counting them and brainstorming your next message. must be tiring being such a dick all the time, how do you do it? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 #86248  by Pete B.

Maybe time to envoke a "No Posting While Drunk (or enraged on a Coffee negatory buzz)" rule?
Maybe just lay off the crystal-meth-a-cheeno?
:wink:
 #86250  by Chuckles

That's a keeper! Lamest flame ever!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oddly enough, the board has been much more civil since this particular poster signed off. Thing is - if this is who I suspect it is - it's funny how this guy talks about how S6 mentions nobody "owing" anyone an answer, but this guy asked a question and threw a hissy fit when he didn't like the answers he got!
:?

This wasn't even a first class pissin' match... just a misunderstanding.

(That's not an argument; that's just contradiction)

As you were...
 #86253  by Tennessee Jedi

Chuckles wrote: Oddly enough, the board has been much more civil since this particular poster signed off. Thing is - if this is who I suspect it is - it's funny how this guy talks about how S6 mentions nobody "owing" anyone an answer, but this guy asked a question and threw a hissy fit when he didn't like the answers he got!
:?
"LL" be the guys old initials maybe ?
:D
please dont turn the kind into this
:D
 #86256  by strumminsix

LOL! I love how somebody comes in, make all kinds of claims, then leaves.

I'd love to see you post your previous user ID or show how I've helped you but in a rude way or "over-moderated the board" or mall cop'd it to death.

The funny thing about forums is that there is a fine line between complete freedom and chaos. Once a board turns into chaos members leave and good information is scattered in every corner.

I'll leave your rant up as it's the funniest thing I've seen today. Also, your methods and madness clearly show your character which makes the content of your post questionable right off the bat.
 #86269  by phpbb

Strumminsix does a lot of work to make sure this board stays focused and on it's point. As far as I am concerned, he's doing us a great favor. He is certainly donating his time and making my life easier. I don't think you guys understand that operating this board is a full time gig, shared by a few people, who all donate their time. The Bots are getting smarter, and come to this site quite a bit, sometimes it's hard to discriminate. It takes effort to make a determination as to a person's first intentions on this site.

If you are new to the board, a good way to let us know you are legit is to introduce yourself to us, it's the best way to start out on the right path, and there is a forum just for that.

In general, if you are trying to find friends here, it's not good to start a post by repeatedly claiming people on this board are dickheads and douches.

Its sounds like the issue has been settled, and its time to move on. For some people, that may include moving on from this board. I'm not going to put up with hate filled rants.

ps - I should really be doing a better job at organizing this stuff.

pps - forum/viewforum.php?f=424
 #101690  by Phil Lesh101

@ Strumminsix- Strumminturtle.. I think im on to him... HE IS A WITCH.. What do we do to witches around here?............. :hail: we BURN THEM! :lol:
Last edited by Phil Lesh101 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #118063  by Smolder

every one needs a place to eat, and a place to piss. Doing both in the same place gets complicated and awkward.
 #118067  by mgbills

Visit the Planetarium!
:smile: :smile: :smile: