#36853  by Chuckles

Phil and Bob didn't even acknowledge each other after the bow... Bummer.

GREAT rippin' show, though.

Go BO!

(anyone else notice the house started playing PF Animals (hey you white house... ha ha charade you are) ? Seemed appropriate....

Nite all... hope to meet you in other than cyberspace someday...

C

#36855  by frankielee

Despite the shitty sound I was getting it was just fuckin grate to see Phil,Mickey and Bobby play together again..Too bad billy flaked but I still dug it!

#36856  by Chuckles

tigerstrat wrote:Barry just killed it on Eyes didn't he? Really excellent tasteful keys from Molitz throughout the evening.

I liked how imho each set was better than the preceding one. They were on a roll. And FIRED UP!!
Fuck me again.

Didn't want the thread to end on a Debby Downer, so I'll second TS's sentiments... Molitz got a lot better as the night went on and he got away from the "80 technology...

Great show. God, I love how Karan plays.
Last edited by Chuckles on Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

#36858  by razmablues

now where will i find a recording of that masterpiece :smile:

#36859  by frankielee

OK I guess i;m out of the loop ...What's goin on between Phil and Bobby?...somthing about the taping or archive stuff?

#36860  by willmusic

frankielee wrote:OK I guess i;m out of the loop ...What's goin on between Phil and Bobby?...somthing about the taping or archive stuff?
The dysfunctional crap between Bobby, Mickey, and Phil goes way back before the archive thing even existed. From what I gather, it involved business, who wanted to call more of the shots, and plenty of other issues. It will always seem that after Jerry passed, everybody else grew apart. This is a post that could become quite lengthy, so I'll stop......now.

#36864  by CaptainTrips

strumminsix wrote:
krzykat wrote:
krzykat wrote:Old school heads doin what old school heads do.
Have a big hippy jamband festival and think that will change the world?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#36865  by CaptainTrips

razmablues wrote:now where will i find a recording of that masterpiece :smile:
ditto, Im sure its out there somewhere . . . I had to work! :?

#36876  by pappypgh

You will be able to view the WHOLE THING, if you sign up (for free) on www.iclips.net - then go under "music" and they SHOULD have (hopefully SOON) the whole kit & kaboodle. I stayed up as late as I could...they were outstanding. Great show. I had to shut 'er down at the beginning of Throwin' Stones...eventhough I REALLY wanted to hear it.

Great show...I can't say that enough. LISTEN, on the Molitz issue...it's COOL that he uses those synthesizer sounds every now & again...it's DIFFERENT! Anyone ever hear JGB "After Midnight" disc from 1980? That dude uses that sound the whole show and - as annoying as it is after 3 or 4 songs - it's still a pretty enjoyable show. Molitz played pretty great last night...tasty. Jackie was outstanding!! Bobby took about 5-6 solos and hit 'em ALL, except the one in Deal...hehe. Just a fun, fun show.

FIRED UP!!! :cool:

#36877  by pappypgh

Looks like iClips is showing it AGAIN - in it's entirety at 2:30 PM PST TODAY....check it out!!

:cool:

HERE IS THE LINK YOU NEED:

http://www.iclips.net/deadheadsforobama.php

I strongly recommend getting on there about 1/2 hour early.

Don't forget...2:30 pm PST is 5:30 pm EST. K? There was a LOT of confusion with some last night... :roll:

#36906  by tigerstrat

pappypgh wrote: LISTEN, on the Molitz issue...it's COOL that he uses those synthesizer sounds every now & again...it's DIFFERENT! Anyone ever hear JGB "After Midnight" disc from 1980? That dude uses that sound the whole show and - as annoying as it is after 3 or 4 songs - it's still a pretty enjoyable show. Molitz played pretty great last night...tasty. Jackie was outstanding!! Bobby took about 5-6 solos and hit 'em ALL, except the one in Deal...hehe. Just a fun, fun show.

FIRED UP!!! :cool:
The synth was actually very welcome to my ears during the TOO jam... and fwiw I LOVE Ozzie Ahlers' Mini-Moog jams!!!

#36910  by pappypgh

tigerstrat wrote: The synth was actually very welcome to my ears during the TOO jam... and fwiw I LOVE Ozzie Ahlers' Mini-Moog jams!!!
OZZIE AHLERS!!! Thank you! Yesindeedee...he is a TASTY player. Really didn't think I'd enjoy that as much as I did!!

#36922  by AugustWest

Ozzie Ahlers is my favorite JGB keyboardist. That quartet stretched songs to places that no other Jerry band could get to imo. I liked nicky hopkins a lot too. and of course the classic jerry garcia band with melvin seals and jackie and gloria were also fantastic. Oh hell, I liked them all. (with maybe the exception of howard wales. I never felt like wales could really listen with jerry well. Just played his own thing without trying to converse with anyone else.

Sorry about the side track. I'm stoked to hear the re-broadcast. I missed it yesterday.

#36925  by pappypgh

August West - you are on it, man! I feel the same way about Wales....but love the rest. I will say, however, MELVIN takes the cake for me....put on that "How Sweet It Is" CD (released a few years ago) and listen to his solo on "Like A Road"....dear GOD he pulls me inside out through my heart....insane solo. Of course, my favorite instrument ever created IS the Hammond B-3...and he is a master. :cool: