#36600  by zott

Anyone going to the Obama festivities?

#36656  by boxorain

Much as I'd love to see the boys play together again, I can't spend my money on a show knowing that it goes to Obama.

Now if the funds were going to Ron Paul, I'd walk to California for the show!

#36667  by Erictw83

I would, but I'm a registered independent (and will always be) and Colorado has a closed caucus so I can't participate.

#36670  by strumminsix

I hope they close with "Women Are Smarter".
boxorain wrote:Much as I'd love to see the boys play together again, I can't spend my money on a show knowing that it goes to Obama.

Now if the funds were going to Ron Paul, I'd walk to California for the show!
Not so.

For the Ron Paul fundraiser it would be...

In Great Barrington, Massachusetts
At the Old Trinity Church
And the artist would be Arlo Guthrie

http://wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59967

#36679  by krzykat

man if i could afford the plane tix i'd be there in a heartbeat! My boy told me that everyone with him would get in. Old school heads doin what old school heads do. Be sure to watch on iclips.net

#36682  by strumminsix

krzykat wrote:My boy told me that everyone with him would get in.
God, I fell for that promise before.. Seriously. My boy swore he could get me in. I drive. I get there. Waiting for his friend. The friend that knows the guy that can get us in. He'd call any minute. 2 hours later he calls and has us come over cuz the guy that can get us in is gonna get there soon. Well that guy really wasn't the guy but that guy knew the guy and he owed him a favor. But that night the favor couldn't be paid cuz the guy in debt has this boss who just tonight decided to start watching him more closely... LOL. I've lived this story and heard it 100 times before...
krzykat wrote:Old school heads doin what old school heads do.
Have a big hippy jamband festival and think that will change the world?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#36684  by I'm on the Bozo Bus

strumminsix wrote:
krzykat wrote:My boy told me that everyone with him would get in.
God, I fell for that promise before.. Seriously. My boy swore he could get me in. I drive. I get there. Waiting for his friend. The friend that knows the guy that can get us in. He'd call any minute. 2 hours later he calls and has us come over cuz the guy that can get us in is gonna get there soon. Well that guy really wasn't the guy but that guy knew the guy and he owed him a favor. But that night the favor couldn't be paid cuz the guy in debt has this boss who just tonight decided to start watching him more closely... LOL. I've lived this story and heard it 100 times before...
krzykat wrote:Old school heads doin what old school heads do.
Have a big hippy jamband festival and think that will change the world?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Preach on N,
Been there and done that. However, ran into a good time when I thought no good time was to be had....
PEACE,
Phil

#36686  by Scary Pete

Just heard Sirius Dead Channel gunna cover the entire show. I'm not really into current day politics, so I don't care, 4 dead playing together hell yea

#36690  by strumminsix

LOL! Hi Phil! It's funny now that you mention it. I actually had a blast with the crew I hung with when I "was in for sure" and it fell thru I met some awesome people that I would never have connected with otherwise since we'd have been blasted by music.

BTW, that was a cartman reference not my belief, persay.

I wish a live music event could change the world!

#36692  by Chuckles

Well, looks like iClips sucks a big egg tonight...

I assume everyone else is missing this as well?

:evil:

#36693  by tigerstrat

Chuckles wrote:Well, looks like iClips sucks a big egg tonight...

I assume everyone else is missing this as well?

:evil:
Their little server is like, totally trippin...

yep I'm just sitting and clicking like a fool, for nothing apparently

#36694  by BayAreaBB

Can't get on the site as well. Any radio covering the show besides Sirius?

#36696  by I'm on the Bozo Bus

Sirius is playing "Brokedown" (Mid-70ish) and unless they have managed to resurect Jer.... This is defently NOT the Obamamama Rally...
PEACE,
Phil

Here's what Sirius has...

Deadheads for Obama
Tonight 10:30 pm ET
For the first time since 2004, three members of the Grateful Dead will perform on stage together! Phil Lesh, Mickey Hart and Bob Weir are taking the stage tonight, as part of a get-out-the-vote event called Deadheads for Obama. This one-time only performance is being held at the Warfield Theatre in San Francisco, and the guys will be joined by Phil's friends Jackie Greene, John Molo and Steve Molitz

No AUD....
Dang...
It's hit the "Tube" as soon as it's over.. I would guess.
PEACE ... yet again,
Phil