#16681  by navajo

anyone think we could benefit for a single phorum to discuss phish jams, how we play them, great shows, etc., etc.? i do.

#16685  by spilly

go to Emil's phish tabs. It's a site like this only Phish related

#16686  by strumminsix

spilly wrote:go to Emil's phish tabs. It's a site like this only Phish related
Here's Emil's wonderful site:
http://emilstabs.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

He's a great guy! But I don't see a forum for discussion.

#16699  by tigerstrat

I'm phor it.

#16701  by ker1227

im gonna flat out say it , I hate phish, BUT, i think we could all broaden our horizon a little from a fish phorum

#16705  by Pigpen

Id like a Phish forum, for me Treys playing is harder to get sometimes.

#16707  by squire758

I would definately vote for a phish forum. personally i like phish alot, and as a musician i feel like i learned alot from them too. I think they are worth mention in any jam band forum. but being this a Grateful Dead music forum this ones up to the admins

#16708  by navajo

spilly wrote:go to Emil's phish tabs. It's a site like this only Phish related
Yeah, I know Emil's page. I prefer to use strangedesign.org (since I don't think a wiki is a good way to present tabs).

However, both Emil's and strangedesign don't have places where members can discuss the jams, and neither does week4paug. I thought we should get it going. Although this is not a democracy, it seems as a community we are leaning towards yes, let's get a phish phorum?

#16710  by st. stephen

^^ man i watched it again, trey's first lead...man he's a good guitar player :cool:

#16711  by ebick

My opinion, FWIW, is that if there is a popular Phish page that has a forum, then that's where it belongs. However, if there is no such place, than I have no objection to a General Phish forum. But certainly not to the extent that we have here with the Dead. That is, not a one-to-one of forums to songs. Just "Phish-Talk", for example, then the Subjects could include a song name or whatever.

Just my $0.02

#16713  by tigerstrat

ebick wrote:My opinion, FWIW, is that if there is a popular Phish page that has a forum, then that's where it belongs. However, if there is no such place, than I have no objection to a General Phish forum. But certainly not to the extent that we have here with the Dead. That is, not a one-to-one of forums to songs. Just "Phish-Talk", for example, then the Subjects could include a song name or whatever.

Just my $0.02
I believe www.therhombus.com is the Phish jams/theory/TAB giant forum... But I don't frequent there, and still think it would be pretty cool to have at least a single catch-all Phish topic for this site. But I understand if the decision is no. Besides, you'd probably have as many people posting about how much they hate Phish as those genuinely wanting to discuss... which would be an effing drag, given how relatively troll-free this board has been.

#16718  by strumminsix

tigerstrat wrote:
ebick wrote:My opinion, FWIW, is that if there is a popular Phish page that has a forum, then that's where it belongs. However, if there is no such place, than I have no objection to a General Phish forum. But certainly not to the extent that we have here with the Dead. That is, not a one-to-one of forums to songs. Just "Phish-Talk", for example, then the Subjects could include a song name or whatever.

Just my $0.02
I believe www.therhombus.com is the Phish jams/theory/TAB giant forum... But I don't frequent there, and still think it would be pretty cool to have at least a single catch-all Phish topic for this site. But I understand if the decision is no. Besides, you'd probably have as many people posting about how much they hate Phish as those genuinely wanting to discuss... which would be an effing drag, given how relatively troll-free this board has been.
TheRhombus got shut down.

The closest thing there is to a Phish discussion area is http://phishhook.com/

Mostly chitchat but still a site dedicated to Phish.

The Phish crowd is a different one than the GD's. Similar but different. I'd imagine that the best thing for us to do would be to supply enough of a Phish community here to fulfill the needs of the Deadheads who are here and like Phish but keep it small and low-key enought to not have the place overrun by PhishHeads.

But how we do that, well I don't have that answer....

#16754  by shakedown_04092

Guys -

There IS a Phish forum already in place at strangedesign.org

check it out:

http://forums.strangedesign.org/index.php

I say we keep/use THAT one, and leave this one for the Dead. Just my 2 cents.