#172458  by EternallyGrateful

Dead and Co. is awesome. I think alot of people don't like them because they expect the Grateful Dead when they're not the Grateful Dead. Hope they start making some original material though.
 #172730  by hotasaPistol

here we go again.....Dead and Co tickets go on sale tomorrow

Im hoping to hit the three Cali shows

Dodger Stadium 6-11
Shoreline 6-13 and 6-14

Also just scored tickets to Bobby and Mickey at the Frost Amphitheater at Stanford University on My 1,

The Frost I think was my favorite all time outdoor venue....very small....If I recall correctly hardest tickets to score....saw a bunch of shows there
Over 30 something years ago.....Its been remodeled ....I cant wait

nothin left to do but :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

Also its off topic but in my little town Marty Stuart is playing in 10 days so I don't have to travel

He and his band the Superlatives put on a killer show......
 #172732  by Darkstar860

After a lackluster show I saw in 2020, they def redeemed themselves in Hartford last Sept. With that said, this year Im going to make sure I see some other bands that I miss out on when I end up spending the $ it costs to go see Dead n Co. Melvins coming around, Joe Russo etc. cost significantly less and smaller venues with imho better sound. I guess ive gotten too old for the big crowds (Hartford was really packed last year).

Enjoy for those who go :-)

-Walt B
 #172734  by Jon S.

I'm skipping the tour this time around. I registered for a chance at early tickets but when I tried to enter the system they rejected the very code they sent me. I guess I just don't want to deal with this anymore. Smaller acts at smaller venues that don't use Ticketmaster is my mantra these days.
 #172738  by lightningbolt

Cheapest seats at Citifield are $125 with fees....for nose bleeds.
Lawn tix at Bethel are $87.50 with fees....just outrageous. Phish lawn tix at the same venue in July are $65 with fees....a bit more sane.

Perhaps I am pissed because I am still owed $5750.00 by Dead and Co and their promoter CID. Playing in the Sand was cancelled 3 months ago. It is almost criminal that almost a year after they were paid, they still have my money and I have not received a refund.

So much for doing the right thing....

Perhaps it is all the promoter and not the band but they have been silent and could be applying pressure to make their fans whole.
 #172740  by jackevorkian

Can't speak to Dead and Co, but Bobby and Wolf Bros was a blast the other night. I will be sure to catch them whenever I can. It was great to see Bobby again...haven't seen him live since Furthur.
strumminsix liked this
 #172761  by Jon S.

2022 will be the last year Dead and Company tours together, sources confirm to Rolling Stone:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... r-1334902/
 #172762  by lbpesq

Actually, the article says that a rumor started to that effect and Bobby denied it, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them come back as "Dead & Corp." or "Dead & LLC"

Bill, tgo.
strumminsix liked this
 #172786  by natebernstein

carlo zakers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:40 pm
strumminsix wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:18 am
carlo zakers wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:36 pm
Bobby is awesome, but he was always following Jerry... the Ying to his Yang ... now, no one is in charge ... there is no leader ... Bobby used to be able to just stand there, and allow things to happen all around him ... and with Jerry and Phil on stage, things would always happen ... now, he stands there waiting for something to happen, but it never does ...
To my ears there are plenty of times when Bobby has driven the train. Listen to early 70s China-Rider transition. Bobby puts the boys on his back and carries them where he's going.

Respectfully, I also disagree strongly with many of the other statements you make here. For one, Bob has said he feels Jerry on stage with him at every show. They drop photos of him into the setlists they post on social media. They're doing anything but ignoring him or trampling on his legacy. They're honoring it.

After Jerry died I was among the crowd that would never entertain the notion of any of the surviving members playing as a reincarnation (pun intended) of the Dead without Jerry. Never went in for Further, The Other Ones, The Dead, etc. Also, I was quite turned off at first by Bobby singing Jerry's songs.

However, the one and only time I saw D&C, at MSG in 2017, Bob singing Stella Blue brought me to tears. And I realized something: that's his song, too. Garcia and Hunter wrote it, but how many times over the past half-century has Bob played it for the world with his brother Jerry and the rest of the Dead? When Bobby sang it that night, I could feel Jerry in the building. And I was significantly less, ahem, chemically enhanced that night than in my younger GD-going days. He was singing it for his lost brother. And all of them — including Mayer, who floored me that night and has approached this task with humility and respect — are ensuring that this music lives forever.

As for their musicianship, I can say with confidence that the quality of playing at the show I saw, and what I listen to online, surpasses much of the last few years of the Grateful Dead. Anyone who went to shows at that time knows what I'm talking about. It was painful to see Jerry struggling through some of those performances, and it negatively affected the rest of the band and their ability to listen to one another, communicate, improvise and explore as a unit. And I think Chimenti, in particular, is light years ahead of where Vince was in terms of chops and, especially, ears.

D&C are not the Grateful Dead, to be sure. But the Grateful Dead will never play another show. Their music, however, belongs to the world. And in Dead & Company, three of the surviving members have teamed with three other outstanding musicians who recognize this and do their best at every show to keep the flame alive. God bless them for that.
 #172787  by natebernstein

natebernstein wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:06 am
carlo zakers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:40 pm
strumminsix wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:18 am

To my ears there are plenty of times when Bobby has driven the train. Listen to early 70s China-Rider transition. Bobby puts the boys on his back and carries them where he's going.

Respectfully, I also disagree strongly with many of the other statements you make here. For one, Bob has said he feels Jerry on stage with him at every show. They drop photos of him into the setlists they post on social media. They're doing anything but ignoring him or trampling on his legacy. They're honoring it.

After Jerry died I was among the crowd that would never entertain the notion of any of the surviving members playing as a reincarnation (pun intended) of the Dead without Jerry. Never went in for Further, The Other Ones, The Dead, etc. Also, I was quite turned off at first by Bobby singing Jerry's songs.

However, the one and only time I saw D&C, at MSG in 2017, Bob singing Stella Blue brought me to tears. And I realized something: that's his song, too. Garcia and Hunter wrote it, but how many times over the past half-century has Bob played it for the world with his brother Jerry and the rest of the Dead? When Bobby sang it that night, I could feel Jerry in the building. And I was significantly less, ahem, chemically enhanced that night than in my younger GD-going days. He was singing it for his lost brother. And all of them — including Mayer, who floored me that night and has approached this task with humility and respect — are ensuring that this music lives forever.

As for their musicianship, I can say with confidence that the quality of playing at the show I saw, and what I listen to online, surpasses much of the last few years of the Grateful Dead. Anyone who went to shows at that time knows what I'm talking about. It was painful to see Jerry struggling through some of those performances, and it negatively affected the rest of the band and their ability to listen to one another, communicate, improvise and explore as a unit. And I think Chimenti, in particular, is light years ahead of where Vince was in terms of chops and, especially, ears.

D&C are not the Grateful Dead, to be sure. But the Grateful Dead will never play another show. Their music, however, belongs to the world. And in Dead & Company, three of the surviving members have teamed with three other outstanding musicians who recognize this and do their best at every show to keep the flame alive. God bless them for that.
sorry, looks like I messed up the code in the message that indicates where the quote of a previous post ends. To clarify above, everything beginning with "To my ears" above is me.
 #172788  by Jon S.

BTW, FYI, due to how this forum’s software functions, best to minimize quoting others when responding.
bzbz liked this
 #173181  by hotasaPistol

Anyone else but me seeing any of the shows?

I caught the 3 Cali shows...........Dodger stadium and 2 shoreline shows........the boys were cookin :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile: