#171092  by Jon S.

I've had one sitting there unsent since March. I sent a new one earlier today to @strummsix today and now it's stuck there, too. And after I sold my FYD preamp last month to a buyer responding to my ad on TGP, I later learned that a person here who wanted to buy it and had responded first lost out because his PM to me here also got stuck in his Outbox.
 #171095  by Jon S.

I appreciate your hypothesis but am afraid it's not the case here.

RUKIND member jackevorkian (Derek) last posted here 3 days ago:
https://rukind.com/viewtopic.php?f=420& ... 75#p171075

My PM to him sent March 3rd is still sitting in my outbox undelivered. He probably thinks to this day I never responded to his incoming PM about Mu-Tron's phaser: :cry:

Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:36 am
Recipient: jackevorkian -

Hi again, Derek. I did a search on TGP. I assume this is the thread you referenced. The problems in the thread appear to be limited to Mu-Tron's phaser and Jim S eventually added to the thread, "Rand called me today and said they fixed the unit. They had a bad run of pots. Fixed ASAP !" So I'm leaning again towards the Micro-Tron IV.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... m.1907438/
 #171096  by lbpesq

Jon:

I received a notice that you sent me message yesterday or this morning about an MC50. Today I went looking for it and found no such message in my in-box!

Things are getting strange!

Please re-send.

UPDATE!!!!!

D'ooooh! I just realized it was on reverb, not rukind.

In the words of Emily Litella, "never mind"

Bill, tgo
 #171097  by Jon S.

I sent you the message via reverb.com because of the PM issues I’m having here!
 #171102  by strumminsix

tdcrjeff wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:41 pm On many (most?) message boards a PM stays in our outbox until the addressee reads it. Might not be applicable to your sitatuation, but....
Bingo. This is the case here. Also the board has limitations on number of messages and you'll need to delete them.
TI4-1009 liked this
 #171104  by Jon S.

I'm wondering if the real problem for me with the two guys in question is perhaps their inboxes are full.
strumminsix liked this
 #171105  by Jon S.

NeilG1 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:37 am Hey Jon
Replied to your MC50 ad for a friend- might be stuck in my outbox. Do you see it?
Thanks
Got it, thanks.

Which BTW leads me to question further whether perhaps the bottleneck is at the addressees' in-boxes, not my outbox!
 #171108  by Jon S.

HeadSpace wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:40 pm My understanding from past issues is that PMs appear as stuck in outbox until the recipient reads them. In any event, I, too have PM 'd you in the MC50, on my own behalf. Please check your box...
Thanks for your inquiry. I replied to it in my for sale thread. And now, as a test, I'll send you a quick PM reply, too. Let me know, please, if you receive it!
 #171111  by Jon S.

HeadSpace wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:01 am Sue enough, they're gone.
In fact, as of this morning, I haven't yet yet read them (I'll do so next) so the hypothesis that the addressee reading a message is the event that moves it out of the sender's Outbox appears to be incorrect.

I'm beginning to feel that collapsing the wave function by observing the particle in quantum mechanics is relatively simple compared to comprehending forum software quirks!
Last edited by Jon S. on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.