#118275  by Charlie

Dylan, the Band, CSNY, Joni, Beatles, Donovan, Monkees from my childhood/early teens. Got into Blues and Soul big time in my thirties Muddy, T Bone, Freddie King, Albert King etc. Lately lots of acoustic music like Gillian Welch, Steve Earle, Townes Van Zandt, Todd Snider and traditional American, English and Irish folk music.
 #118336  by Lephty

Haven't made too many posts in this forum yet but I feel the need to mention Bill Frisell...I think that if you dig Garcia, you'd probably dig Frisell's style. Spacious, melodic, creative. A jazz player at heart but very accessible to the rest of us. One of his recent projects is instrumental versions of John Lennon songs--that'd be a good place to start for an intro to his playing. There are a lot of YouTubes out there, but here's one for starters...an NPR performance of Lennon/Beatles stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO-1Euq2RBk
 #142625  by trismajistos

Ozric Tentacles

Can

Cubensis

SRV/Hendrix/Trower/Mayer/Eric Johnson/Anthony from Stevie Snacks- great teacher

Old Areosmith

Doug McLeod- excellent bluesman

Medeski Martin Wood

Bradley Fish - ch out "Jewish Girl Blues on YouTube + he plays chinese zither and dobros and dulcimers
 #142636  by dleonard

Now it's time to play everyone's favorite, fun game...Kill some time at work!

Pearl Jam :cool:
Phish
Dan Hicks
David Bromberg
All of the Country Outlaws
Allman Brothers
Steely Dan
Brian Setzer
Dave Matthews Band
Nirvana
Primus
Stone Temple Pilots
Oasis
 #144808  by Searing75

R.E.M. Has anyone heard their first 6 albums? Incredible!!! After the 6th, you get Out of Time, and Automatic for the People. Which are not bad, just not up to the same standard. Those first 6 though. Do yourself a favor!
 #144844  by kurt eye

Allman Bros.
The Band
Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Marshall Tucker
Derek Trucks & Tedeschi
Steve Kimock
Wailin Jennys
Joni Mitchell
Doc Watson
Norman Blake