a place for newbies to get quick information to some of the most common questions asked.
 #170796  by Sérgio

Hello, everyone!

I just registered here. No, I wasn't a long time lurker.

As a matter of fact I've been a Dead fan since I was young, in the late 80s-early 90s, but never really tried to play their music. Been on the road with bands for the last handful of years playing mostly blues based stuff, never having cared studying major scales or modes.

Enter COVID, the band ain't touring or gigging locally, so I caught myself with plenty of time to play some Dead. Well, I guess I gotta figure them out first, right?

I'm studying major scales and theory, chord formations, intervals, and all that jazz. CAGED is helping a lot. Found a channel on Youtube with some great classes by Ian Stitch, that fellow sure knows how to teach.

Anyway, I found this place and I'm very happy to be part of a Dead related community, though it seems it used to be more crowded in here... I appreciate any contacts, advice and especially friendship I can get.

We will get by!
 #170798  by lbpesq

Hi Sergio, and welcome to the forum. This is a great knowledge resource for all things Dead and guitar. And it's a very comfortable place to hang out. Make sure you check out the "Guitar Tabs" link up there to the right.

Bill, the guitar one
 #170799  by Sérgio

Oh I just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Will do the proper introduction in the right one!
 #170810  by rugger

Welcome and enjoy the ride!