When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #168444  by sw72

Any suggestions for a good app that will allow you to catalogue your sheet music (tab / lyrics / charts) and then allow you to build set lists from that database?

The new Deadstein platform for PC's is great and for the Dead it works when you can consistently access wifi but I am looking for something that does not need streaming Wi-Fi - something that can work from the hard drive of the iPad. Something to replace my big 4" three ring binder. I see orchestra and jazz folks using an iPad almost exclusively these days so there has to be some tool that is built for this purpose. Sorry if this has been asked a lot I just don't recall reading about it and I have been a long time listener.

Thanks for any insight.
 #168447  by Jon S.

I use old style looseleafs but the other guitarist in one of my bands just told me he uses Ultimate Guitar: Chords and Tabs. Seems to work well for him.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ultimate- ... d357828853
 #168519  by sw72

I ended getting OnSong for my Ipad in hopes of creating a searchable / organizable catalouge of my Dead music for set list creating and stage usage.
One thing I did not realize was that I was not going to be able to digitally download and catalogue the Deadstein Jerry Garcia Song Book Ver 9 or other as they are a PDF packets or individual files (JDARKS) that OnSong sees as a picture image and can not catalogue without extensive individual editing / cataloguing. A pdf reader can do this for free. Another stumble I discovered post purchase was that the advanced functionality (changing keys) etc available in OnSong does not work w/ any pdf file. Anyone have any resources of google drive access for chord chart catalogues that could be used with OnSong? Even the camera photo grab functionality on Onsong is a monthly premium upgrade. Has to be a better way. The concept is so intriguing but my attempts so far have been most frustrated. Hope all are well. Jam on.
 #168520  by lbpesq

I don’t recall how I did it at the moment, but I was able to load individual songs separately from the Garcia V9 book to use with my unrealBook app.

SW72: Is that an Alembic Series guitar in your icon?

Bill, tgo
 #168530  by sw72

lbpesq wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:00 am I don’t recall how I did it at the moment, but I was able to load individual songs separately from the Garcia V9 book to use with my unrealBook app.

SW72: Is that an Alembic Series guitar in your icon?

Bill, tgo
Yes Bill - 76' it's quite a beauty. Ron and Susan restored it about 10 years ago. Does not leave the home much anymore. Too rare. Still gets played. Still find new tones in the electronics filters and controls all the time. To say Ron Wickersham was way ahead of his time is no understatement.
 #168532  by lbpesq

SW72, here’s my 1976 Series I Medium Scale Alembic. I think that may make us in-laws! Ron, Susan, Mica, and the folks at Alembic are amazing.

And here is my ‘77 Series I 12 String:

And my Custom Further, “Woody”

Bill, tgo
sw72 liked this