When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #10852  by bobbybobbob
 Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:35 pm
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is a guitar pedal effect out there that can "change," or mimic an alernate tuning. I figure it would be a lot easier then retuning my guitar everytime i want to do something different.

thanks all

 #10870  by BlobWeird
 Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:58 am
Hey bobby I seriously doubt it. The most ive seen is expression pedals that raise all the notes like a step or two higher. I dont think they got somethin that will change to like DADGAD or somethin. That would be cool. I dunno how well it would sound though.

 #10879  by strumminsix
 Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:34 pm
The closest you can buy is a Line6 Variax which does that, I believe.

 #10896  by BlobWeird
 Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:24 am
I was readin up on the Variax and I couldnt find anywhere that it does such a thing but it seems like a cool guitar. Anyone ever try one?

 #10907  by hlblyhipy
 Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:15 pm
Actually I believe the roland VG8 will allow you to detune your guitar as you wish.I seem to remeber Joni Mitchell using one for that purpose.Just do a search for the VG8 and you should be able to find out if in fact it does have that function.Be prepared when they first came out they weren't cheap.
peace Andrew

 #10917  by strumminsix
 Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:38 pm
A friend has a variax and says he can do it. Can't say for sure since I don't own one but this guy is reliable.