When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #128689  by paulinnc

jackr wrote:
ebick wrote:
it's not a question of being right or wrong....it's a question of tolerating someone who just stands there and lies to your face.
You can tolerate it if you choose to. So long as we keep "our side of the street" clean, his lying is his problem. You dont have to like it but you can choose to just chuckle to yourself and move on. Who knows, he may not even know he is lying! And if he does know, then he has other issues that are his not yours.

You said he was a good player. He may have some "character defects" but we all do. Tolerance of others is not always easy but is probably worth while because carrying a resentment against someone then makes it our problem.

All of that mumbo jumbo said, for me, I am all about having fun playing music. I dont play for money, although I have been paid to play. If playing music isnt fun for me i wont do it. We've kicked people out of my band who create too much tension among the other musicians.
Exactly. Well said Jack, it sounds like you work a good program.
 #128691  by ebick

jester536 wrote:I'm getting the sense it's an acoustic thing...so it's not a volume knob or amp problem...more of a listening/finesse problem.
^^This. He also plays Bass, as does another member, so when that occurs that is amp'd. And there too, we have to tell him to turn the v down.
jester536 wrote:You're a good man for trying to make it work. Sounds like you've got a good thing going with one guy throwing a monkey wrench into the whole thing (be it left-handed or not). Good luck.
Thanks