When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #111454  by Mr.Burns

I'm pretty sure taking acid with everybody thats posted on this thread would lead to a "bad trip". Or like a personal trip to hell. Except wolftigerrosebud. I sense understanding of a powerful key in that one.

Oh, and BTW, Jerry was a JUNKIE BECAUSE of the Grateful Dead. A Dead-less Jerry most likely wouldn't have run across Persian heroin at a time when he was both financially stable, and had free time to become a junkie.

Alpert Vs Leary??? You know they lived together at times, right? How about Owsley Vs The Planet Earth? Seriously, even Kesey and Babbs knew Alpert and Leary were both a couple of shameless hucksters.

You people sound like a High School Health class. You should be afraid of drugs. They're baaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd, man. LSD never killed anyone. Cannabis never killed anyone. If these things scare you, take a Valium. :lol:

But seriously, if you put anything into your body, what happens is your responsibility alone. If you trust a doctor, take what he gives you. Just remember they're human and can make mistakes, they're also capable of not giving a shit what happens to people, or malice, etc, etc.
 #111455  by Mr.Burns

easytoslip wrote: I don't know, your side of the debate simply says 'he who is strongest wins'. My side of the debate is much more involved than simply being able to fight your way through something. At some point, the physical body is not able to win. If you have gotten to that point where you surrender to that fact, there lies your path to spirituality. Your argument is all body. I'm talking about body, mind, spirit, emotion, many different facets. So, nice try, but I'm not convinced.
This has nothing to do with strength. Who ever heard of "mental strength"? What I'm talking about is being able to think clearly on it, or possibly even more clearly than when not on acid.
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I don't need to, or even remotely want to. I'm starting to think you have no real experience in this area. Or possibly more experience with strychnine than acid. This is common, someone takes some blotter for the first time and thinks they were supposed to see snakes and patterns and lots of other scary stuff thats caused by strychnine. I'll say it again, you're responsible for what you put in your body, so why on earth would you ingest something unless you were 100% sure of its contents?
 #111456  by ugly rumor

LSD has in fact killed; that is why it was made illegal. Just ask Art Linkletter. This post seems to be divided between those who use it responsibly and those who go all out for a mind-bending experience. You cannot view LSD as a vehicle to get you farblondjet. It is not a recreational drug. Other than hippieguy, I would probably recommend that the posters here not take it.

The original thread was that LSD is not a cure for alcoholism, in the sense that you take a tab or two and are cured, but that it was used with a high success rate by medical clinics to aid alcoholics in achieving sobriety. It is not like taking aspirin for a cold. Like most things that are not understood, it should be avoided by those who don't "get it".

Peace-out
 #111459  by hippieguy1954

Mr.Burns wrote:I'm pretty sure taking acid with everybody thats posted on this thread would lead to a "bad trip". Or like a personal trip to hell. Except wolftigerrosebud. I sense understanding of a powerful key in that one.

Oh, and BTW, Jerry was a JUNKIE BECAUSE of the Grateful Dead. A Dead-less Jerry most likely wouldn't have run across Persian heroin at a time when he was both financially stable, and had free time to become a junkie.

Alpert Vs Leary??? You know they lived together at times, right? How about Owsley Vs The Planet Earth? Seriously, even Kesey and Babbs knew Alpert and Leary were both a couple of shameless hucksters.

You people sound like a High School Health class. You should be afraid of drugs. They're baaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddd, man. LSD never killed anyone. Cannabis never killed anyone. If these things scare you, take a Valium. :lol:

But seriously, if you put anything into your body, what happens is your responsibility alone. If you trust a doctor, take what he gives you. Just remember they're human and can make mistakes, they're also capable of not giving a shit what happens to people, or malice, etc, etc.
Gee, thanks for the compliments. You are so kind. We are just being honest. I've had many great trips. Maybe you should read the posts a little more carefully, so you know what we are saying.

I'm not trying to be mean, but you sound mislead and I would not even think of dosing with someone like you. You sound like a bad trip waiting to happen lol!

How old are you?

People have died from LSD and many have never come back. Do your research!

This sentence you wrote doesn't even make sence. All speculation. "Oh, and BTW, Jerry was a JUNKIE BECAUSE of the Grateful Dead. A Dead-less Jerry most likely wouldn't have run across Persian heroin at a time when he was both financially stable, and had free time to become a junkie." How about all the other junkies in the world? Wouldn't there be a chance he would have been one of them???

What does this thread have to do with doctor perscribed medication? I mentioned it only once in responce to a member who has a close friend who never came back from taking Aderall, do to an experiment.

We all know about doctors who make mistakes. That is why it is called a practice. Some don't care and some do. Again, do the research.

Also, there was a short time in my life when I had to take valium. It made me feel great. I stopped taking it when I didn't need it anymore...after a couple of months.

Is there even a point to your post? :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111465  by Staemius

FWIW- there is no evidence that Linkletter's daughter's suicide was related to LSD (snopes has an excellent report if interested. Not trying to rationalize/justify use of LSD - but the Linkletter myth has fueled a lot of false hysteria over the years.
 #111467  by hippieguy1954

Staemius wrote:FWIW- there is no evidence that Linkletter's daughter's suicide was related to LSD (snopes has an excellent report if interested. Not trying to rationalize/justify use of LSD - but the Linkletter myth has fueled a lot of false hysteria over the years.
You are absolutly right about Linkletter. The snopes story http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/linkletter.asp is accurate. However, there are others who were not connected to the media and did not get any attention who have died while tripping. It is a very, very small persentage, but it exists.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111492  by wolftigerrosebud

Mr.Burns wrote:Alpert Vs Leary??? You know they lived together at times, right? How about Owsley Vs The Planet Earth? Seriously, even Kesey and Babbs knew Alpert and Leary were both a couple of shameless hucksters.
I was referring specifically to their different views on the value of continued psychedelic use. The way I understand it, Leary felt that the value of psychedelics was productive throughout people's lifetimes, whereas Ram Dass' feeling was that psychedelics have a finite amount of value in coming to understand our minds, our bodies, our feelings, and the objects of our minds. They were indeed colleagues. I did not know that they lived together! The comparison was intentional; I wanted to illustrate how that view was the basis for their two sharply divergent paths through life. Ram Dass seemed to feel that what he sought lied not in further drug use, but rather in spiritual practice and cultivation of positivity without the use of intoxicants. Thank you for bringing my attention to the unskillful nature of my statement.

I remember reading in a book one of Jerry's friends saying that, without the Dead, he'd have been the homeless man panhandling on the sidewalk. Addiction isn't caused by heroin of any particular variety, nor is it caused by a specific type of drug, though there are certain drugs whose use results in physical dependency. There are people who attend Narcotics Anonymous meetings because smoking pot all day every day had become something that was inescapable for them. Something they couldn't stop that made their lives miserable; they're addicts just like the guy who was stealing cars to buy dope is an addict. Addiction can be caused by any type of drug use (I wrote rug use at first! lol).

Drug use of any kind causes neurological changes in the brain (I actually had a physician telling me about that a few weeks ago). Many of the changes are benign. But many are not. Acknowledging all the positives of drug use and none of the negatives or vice versa are both extremes to be avoided. The middle way, that of understanding and clear communication, brings us together.

In response to your commentary about the irrelevance of prescribed medications in this thread, my story about my good friend was simply to be used as an example of garden variety drug-induced psychosis. The medication was not prescribed to him; there were no doctors in his case to have made a mistake, and he was taking it at a normal recreational dose. He was not a habitual user; it was actually his first time taking it. He had intended to use it to study. He had no warning signs of what was to come, and no doctor could have foretold the tragic result of his decision. It's the same thing that can happen with LSD, mushrooms, and other entheogens. If you question the validity of my statement, you're well within your rights to do so. But, did you also read the part of my post about meeting another less-close friend in the psych ward after he'd taken somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 mics and tried to scratch a third eye into his forehead? The chances that someone will go permanently insane from psychedelic use or other drug use are very slim, but there have been cases of temporary drug-induced psychosis or drug-induced psychosis that uncovers a severe mental illness that could possibly not have surfaced otherwise. They're profoundly sad.

This quote is beautiful! It also addresses several (perhaps most?) of the issues we're discussing here. I hope you'll read it; it's a quote worth reading. I experience it as being quite profound.

"Being able to see just once in a lifetime is no small accomplishment. If you've seen once, you can see forever. The question is whether you have the determination and diligence. Many young people today feel trapped in prisons of discouragement and self-hatred. They regard reality as meaningless, and they treat themselves as despicable beings. My heart opens to them. Caught in despair, they seek liberation through destructive means. It would be wonderful if we could identify and dissolve the sources of such a dark view of life.

"If you tarnish your perceptions by holding on to suffering that isn't really there, you create even greater misunderstanding. Reality is neither pleasant nor unpleasant in and of itself. It is only pleasant or unpleasant as experienced by us, through our perceptions. This is not to deny that earthquakes, plagues, wars, old age, sickness, and death exist. But their nature is not suffering. We can limit the impact of these tragedies but never do away with them completely. That would be like wanting to have light without darkness, tallness without shortness, birth without death, one without many. One-sided perceptions like these create our world of suffering. We are like an artist who is frightened by his own drawing of a ghost. Our creations become real to us and even haunt us." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh
Last edited by wolftigerrosebud on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #111496  by Octal

Dude...when your posts are so long I can't see the end from the beginning in all the swirls...

...and what are all these white smocks doing here?
 #111497  by wolftigerrosebud

:( It makes me sad to see something be ignored purely because of superficial appearance. I spent half an hour editing for brevity and clarity, and deleted literally more than half of what I had written there in the first place. It's information-dense; there's very little wasted space. Did you read the post?

Besides, these issues are enormous. I feel it's ok to just say what needs to be said in the full length without oversimplifying it so as to prevent potential misunderstanding. Countless books have been written about the issues covered in this thread. There are entire religions and systems of belief that try to grapple with it.

So are several paragraphs really that much?
 #111501  by Octal

I have occasionally gone to my own funeral. The eulogy keeps getting shorter and shorter--probably because my beard keeps getting longer and longer.

"Mister Finn, you're going to be Mister Finnagain!" 628 pages was okay the first time through, but, as I am obliged to say, the riverrun kept recirculating. Poor Livvy never had a chance. Everyone who couldn't catch the flow was up in arms and walked out--even Fillagain, with a nice glass of Dobbelian ayle hitched onto his tayle.
 #111511  by hippieguy1954

I would like to thank you, wolftigerrosebud, for taking the time and love you spent on your post with the Thich Nhat Hanh quote!

You put a lot of time into it and that shows a lot of love and kindness.

You have a lot of insight (as do some others in this forum) and a very kind way of articulating your thoughts.

The Thich Nhat Hanh quote is beautiful!

As you know, I agree with you except for one thing...you know. We might have to just agree to disagree about the daily weed!

So, thanks again for your time, love and excellent expression.

James Joyce, anyone? :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #111513  by ugly rumor

1500 mics? That explains a lot.

Timothy Leary said that after a while, you can go into that place without the acid. Kind of the same point as made by your quote, which is beautiful.

Any position can be argued by ignoring some facts.

Peace and love to each on their journey, whose steps are foy you alone.
 #111517  by Mr.Burns

LSD is possibly the most important chemical compound that anyone ever accidentally ingested. No other chemical creates similar effects on our perception, seldom has a chemical created as much fervor with both the public and the Intelligence community, and if not for LSD it would not be possible for any of us to post comments on this forum, as it would not exist. Like it or not, if the Grateful Dead is important to you, LSD played a very significant role. Pivotal, one might say. The entertainment juggernaut and musical legacy we call the Grateful Dead might not have been quite the same without the Acid Tests, and you can't have an Acid Test without LSD.

Finnegan's Wake was completed at least 10(20?) years prior to the world's first trip by Albert Hoffman. Strange that it would seem to perfectly describe some aspects of higher consciousness gained through psychedelics...especially since it was written as an alliteration of a dream...and comedy to boot...

Joyce was light years beyond the levels of consciousness most of us can grasp, and without EVER having taken LSD. What if he had taken it? Would he have lost his shit, completely freaked, never-to-return, perma-spun?

My point is some minds are better capable to handle shit like this than others. If you disagree, maybe you should reconsider which group you belong to...
Last edited by Mr.Burns on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #111518  by hippieguy1954

Mr.Burns wrote:LSD is possibly the most important chemical compound that anyone ever accidentally ingested. No other chemical creates similar effects on our perception, seldom has a chemical created as much fervor with both the public and the Intelligence community, and if not for LSD it would not be possible for any of us to post comments on this forum, as it would not exist. Like it or not, if the Grateful Dead is important to you, LSD played a very significant role. Pivotal, one might say. The entertainment juggernaut and musical legacy we call the Grateful Dead might not have been quite the same without the Acid Tests, and you can't have an Acid Test without LSD.
You are correct! That's why we are having this discussion. It is a good discussion and your input is much appreciated! :smile: :smile: :smile: