When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #172361  by Mick

I was pretty active a decade or so ago. I got sidetracked with raising kids, getting kicked out of Corporate America, etc. Didn't play much guitar for several years. Fully retired now, and an empty nester. Just starting to get back into playing, feeling like I am starting all over!
 #172362  by Jon S.

I think I remember you ... those days are hazy now ... regardless, welcome back and NEVER STOP PLAYING! :-o
 #172363  by Mick

Awesome! I think I remember you too. Did you use to run road races?
 #172365  by TI4-1009

Welcome back Mick! I too am a now-retired refugee from Corporate America. After 25 years of glowing reviews, as soon as I turned 55 I got the "boy, you sure had us fooled for all that time- but now you're useless" message. Ha! I changed companies, got another 10 years of splendid reviews, then retired. I'm starting to think it might have been them, not me. :lol:

Things are a lot quieter around here these days, but still a good group.

Those chops will come back, dig in!

-Mike
 #172366  by Mick

Jon: Sorry, I must be old and confused!

Mike: Thanks! I originally got bounced out of Corporate America at 48 years old in 2012. I consulted for 4 years (loved the work, hated the lifestyle), and went into "semi-retirement" in mid-2016, basically managing the investment properties I had bought along the way. Pandemic hit, and I sold the bigger one in March of 2020. The smaller one just got to be a pain in the ass, and the wife wanted to unload it. Sold it May of 2021, and am trying to be officially retired!

Got back into golf, and did that until it got cold in October. Opened the case on my acoustic, and have been playing it an hour or so 3-4 times per week since. I am starting to feel the tough spots on my fingers again, and can feel my grip on the strings improving. I do feel like I am starting over, but it is coming back more quickly than when I learned it the first time!

I see the board is quieter than it was a decade+ ago. I guess us Deadheads are all starting to get old. Bummer man.
 #172367  by lbpesq

Mick wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:33 pm I see the board is quieter than it was a decade+ ago. I guess us Deadheads are all starting to get old. Bummer man.

Speak for yourself. As far as I'm concerned, middle age doesn't even start until about 70!

Bill, tgo
TI4-1009 liked this
 #172368  by augustwest1

Mick wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:33 pm I guess us Deadheads are all starting to get old.

Go to a Dead & Company show some time and you'll marvel at just how untrue that is.
 #172370  by Jon S.

The relative quietness is not due to age. :wink:

"These are the halcyon days,
say goodbye to the fights. No malaise.
Less strife, more peace,
Let us give joy its rightful release."

https://soundcloud.com/gratefuljon/halc ... al_sharing