When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #163654  by czyfingers
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:47 pm
Just wondering if anyone could tell me how to add an image to my profile. I have the normal avatar that changes on it's own, but I see there is now a spot to add your own image. When I went into account settings and tried, it says "avatar function disabled" and everything is grayed out and unable to be changed. I just thought it would be cool to put a picture of one of my guitars or something rather than have it blank and say "no image".
Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.
Last edited by czyfingers on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #163655  by tcsned
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:41 pm
go to "Account Settings" then go to "Profile" look down the left of the page and select "Edit Avatar" then go to "Select Image." Your image can be no bigger than 125 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall so you'll need to edit your pic to fit those dimensions.
 #163656  by czyfingers
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:54 pm
Thanks for replying tcsned...but I went there and it says "The avatar functionality is currently disabled." and it won't allow me to add anything or make any changes. There is no "Select Image" option. There's just a blank box that says "Current Image".
 #163657  by tcsned
 Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:07 pm
Dang! That's strange, I'm still seeing it all and the upload feature at least allowed me to browse for an image. Maybe our gracious host will chime in. You might change the title of your message to "How to add an avatar" as there have been multiple threads about adding images to posts. That's what I initially thought when I saw your post. :)
old man down liked this
 #163663  by strumminsix
 Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:10 am
I see nothing that would prohibit you from changing your avatar.

Host a couple screenshots and share please.
 #163696  by czyfingers
 Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:26 pm
Actually I tried from my laptop first and it didn’t work. That’s where I first found the issue. I only used the phone for the purpose of easily taking a screenshot. Thanks for following up though.
 #163698  by old man down
 Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:32 pm
Thanks czyfingers,

This thread of your's motivated me to add an avatar myself.

First time ever!

Who says "some things never change?" :wink:
 #163700  by old man down
 Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:39 pm
Oh yeah!

Took a photo of my OM-21 with an iPhone.
Connected the cable to my MacBook and opened the Photos "thing" on the MacBook.
Went to the iPhone folder and imported the photo to the MacBook.
Edited it to make it a little better.
Then followed tcned's advice, the Profile folder here on Rukind.
Left the photo "shrunk" but blue highlighted on the MacBook.
And then Rukind asked if I wanted to upload it (some terminology like that)
I "submitted" it and it was the correct size automatically (iPhone photos are the correct size, I guess)
Done.
 #163703  by Jon S.
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:33 am
'Tis the season, Brahs!

#163704  by strumminsix
 Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:31 am
czyfingers wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:26 pm
Actually I tried from my laptop first and it didn’t work. That’s where I first found the issue. I only used the phone for the purpose of easily taking a screenshot. Thanks for following up though.
I'm still digging around. I normally don't do anything backend. but thought there was a post count minimum. but can't find that since the upgrade.

i'll do some googling later on.