When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #163382  by Jon S.

"Some people feel sorry for me," he concedes, "and I understand that. I really feel lucky though. I don't miss playing guitar anymore. I'm sure that's out of necessity, but I am grateful for so much more. I am surrounded by loving people, and I can still make music." http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jo...r ... rts-album/

Jason - thank you.

Pellecaster liked this
 #163398  by Jon S.

I don't usually reply to myself :oops: and I know this is primarily a Dead forum but there is an "Everything Else."

I do hope the hundred-plus people who have already opened and closed this thread, along with anyone else who does, will appreciate what Becker is modeling for us in his life.

Many if not most of us have personally known someone sufficiently injured or ill to be no longer able to play his or her guitar. Perhaps you, as I, have wondered what our reactions would be were such a horrendous thing occur also to us one day.

If and when, God forbid, it does happen, we can look to Jason as our model of acceptance and grace in the face of adversity.

Jerry reputedly said, “For me, I think the only danger is being too much in love with guitar playing. The music is the most important thing, and the guitar is only the instrument.”

Originally by necessity but now by wisdom, this is what Jason lives today.