When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #154962  by ac4468

Fun story.... I was in physical therapy the other morning (my back was acting up after surgery earlier this year) and there is what appeared to be an 80+/- you old man just sitting in a chair in the middle of the room not doing anything. He was explaining to one of the therapists that he takes “Grateful Dead” breaks between his exercises because his body needs a break. I told him that comment was wasted on all the 30 something PT assistants there but I knew exactly what he meant. He proceeded to tell me about when he lived in the Bay area and got into the Dead when they were opening for Airplane and when that ended he continued to see the Dead often at the Winterland . He offered how his favorite guitar was “the one with the wolf on it”. I was able to share pictures on my phone of my Wolf and other guitars I made. What a cool and unexpected exchange. Made my day.
tcsned, lovetoboogie liked this
 #161892  by TI4-1009

I saw one of those drug ads on TV last night that had a band playing, and the guitarist had a Jerry-style guitar?! It was a late style, like a Cripe, but it could have been a Phiga copy.

It was for Humira, and the lead singer chick has to keep leaving the stage/ rehearsal/recording session to "take care of business".

Try this link?

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/d2B5/humira-cro ... eded-to-be
Pellecaster liked this
 #161900  by ac4468

That's funny. I don't even know where to begin. Must be a Phiga. I'd love to know the story behind it. It's not like that guitar was just laying around the prop room.
 #162171  by TI4-1009

1.) Little snippet of Slipknot between segments of "Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me on NPR last Saturday.

2.) Colbert's house band (Stay Human) was playing something Dead during a commercial break one night this week. We only caught the closing note when they came back so I don't know what song it was, but they said it was the Dead. I could sometimes guess the next song at shows by the first note, but guessing from the last note is a whole 'nother talent. :shock: