lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #163546  by tcsned

Southwestern VA has a few cool Dead bands. I have made friends with all of them. Bigfoot County out of Lynchburg is one of them. Drew (who is a member here) has sat in with my band at a recent gig and it was a lot of fun. His wife just had a baby and he was forced to miss a big show at the Jefferson Theater in Charlottesville. Luckily, I was free so I agreed. I had one rehearsal with his bandmates - all super cool and talented folks (as is Drew). I had a blast playing with them. The venue is amazing. I saw Gogol Bordello there about 10 years ago. We had a great crowd and it was fun to play this stuff with some different folks. A big thank you to them all for being so cool!

Here's a pic:

Here's a video:
brianb, ac4468, kurt eye and 3 others liked this
 #163547  by tntawney

Sweet! Looks like a packed house. Did you use your Kemper rig?
tcsned liked this
 #163552  by tcsned

Yep, the Kemper with flyingheelhook's profile. They have an awesome sound crew and ridiculous PA so they had the Kemper rockin' - Dave, the other guitarist, has a sweet Matchless DC30 that sounded really sweet. He's a great player too.
 #163593  by tcsned

MikeMcA wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:55 pm Great touch on the slide man! Sounds awesome.
Thanks! It was a little different not playing Jerry parts on all of these tunes. I got to play the Bobby line in China Cat Sunflower - that was fun too. I did some slide on Hurts Me Too as well. I'm waiting for one of the other guys' audio recording to publish more videos. Had an awesome harp player on that one too.
 #163804  by tcsned

I finally got around to getting a couple more videos up. Here's a tune I've never played before. It was cool getting back into some slide again. I used to play a lot when my band covered a bunch of Little Feat and Allman Bros tunes. I'm working at getting my chops back.
 #163805  by tcsned

Here's the one Dead tune that I feel a little self-conscious about playing. Plus, as primarily a bar band player it's not necessarily the best tune to play in that setting. It was fun to play though
 #163806  by Jon S.

tcsned wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:27 am Yep, the Kemper with flyingheelhook's profile. They have an awesome sound crew and ridiculous PA so they had the Kemper rockin' - Dave, the other guitarist, has a sweet Matchless DC30 that sounded really sweet. He's a great player too.
Excellent all around! I've jammed with flyhingheelhook myself several times so I know his Kemper profile and am glad you also liked it.
tcsned liked this
 #163813  by tcsned

bcresci wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:14 pm That was a killer intro to Dark Star. Very nice. All of it.

I'm really wondering what it's like to play with two drummers. Looks like fun.
It was fun, I don’t get to do it often. The stage and venue was pretty big so there was plenty of room. They work well together.