lets the rukind.org users talk about their up and coming gigs
 #170972  by BOUKINATOR

Just thought I'd share a video we did over the summer. It was our first time going direct with both guitars and the bass and we were happy with the results. I'd love any feedback on the mix!

Here's the video link
youtu.be/edncjbxtu0Q

Hope everyone is getting back to some gigging!
Jim
augustwest1 liked this
 #170974  by Jon S.

Here's another Pair of Dice Weights!

:biggrin:

#170975  by Gr8fulCadi

^^^?

Anyways, I thought it sounded really good!! Any more info on the process? Cab simulators or....?

The playing was superb also, nice and reserved between everyone.
BOUKINATOR liked this
 #170976  by Jon S.

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 am ^^^?
Paradise Waits. Pair of Dice Weights.

I know it wasn't that funny but I'd hope it would be comprehensible. :cry:
 #170978  by Jon S.

And now I'd like to thank the GREAT VOWEL SHIFT for making my little word play possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Vowel_Shift
 #170991  by NSP

BOUKINATOR wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:03 pm Just thought I'd share a video we did over the summer. It was our first time going direct with both guitars and the bass and we were happy with the results.
Wow. Great tones (and playing).

What's the signal path of yours and Josh's rig before hitting the board?
BOUKINATOR liked this
 #170992  by Chocol8

The mix sounded pretty darn good to me. Better than most where cabs are mic’ed. I might have liked the bass SLIGHTLY stronger in the mix, but that’s pretty minor.

I know most of us hate giving up our amps and going direct with a silent stage and IEM’s, but there are certainly major benefits and the tech is to the point only a guitarist will notice any difference. The guitars sounded great, certainly better than Jerry did the last couple of years!

What are you guys using for your tones? Preamp pedals, or modelers?
BOUKINATOR liked this
 #171001  by BOUKINATOR

lbpesq wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:37 am Nice video! I especially like all the JGB material that's not covered as often. I assume you are on the SG? - you introduced everyone but yourself - lol!

Bill, tgo
Yes that's me on the SG. Gotta love the JGB catalog!
 #171002  by BOUKINATOR

Gr8fulCadi wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:10 am ^^^?

Anyways, I thought it sounded really good!! Any more info on the process? Cab simulators or....?

The playing was superb also, nice and reserved between everyone.
I'm not sure what Josh is doing but I'm playing the SG through a TS808 into a DI box. I had a buffer put in the guitar which gives it 75% of the tone you're hearing. A really amazing preamp from a local Chicago legend Bobby Georges (frm. Mr. Blotto).
 #171003  by BOUKINATOR

Chocol8 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:06 am What are you guys using for your tones? Preamp pedals, or modelers?
I'm not sure what Josh is doing but I'm playing the SG through a TS808 into a DI box. I had a buffer put in the guitar which gives it 75% of the tone you're hearing. A really amazing preamp from a local Chicago legend Bobby Georges (frm. Mr. Blotto).
 #171004  by BOUKINATOR

NSP wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:12 am
BOUKINATOR wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:03 pm What's the signal path of yours and Josh's rig before hitting the board?