#117591  by Jon S.

Here's the deal. I already play in a Dead band and am happy with it - my bandmates and our music are fine - but, of late, the four of us have been finding it increasingly difficult being all available at the same time. So I'm calling out for any electric guitarists, bassists, or drummers who might want to jam with any three of us, on any given weekend, just for the fun of it. I have a jam space with a PA, drum kit, and bass amp. Bassists and drummers, just show up with your bass or sticks, guitarists, bring a guitar and amp, and we'll set any of you up with a mic if you need it. Keyboardists and hand drummers welcome, too. This could be a perfect arrangement for someone who is also already in a band (or otherwise has a busy schedule), can play a few sets worth of Dead off the cuff, and just wants to "play Dead" more often than you now can. If yes, let me know or forward this note to your friends. Thanks. Grateful Jon
 #130934  by hippieguy1954

I have a permanent ad in CL, LOL! http://catskills.craigslist.org/muc/3860966878.html I run it in two counties. Lots of people have come and gone. Most are very enthusiastic and decent players, but usually also have a conflict with family commitments and responsibilities as well as distance issues. Have had many great jams and did have a whole band together for a few months. Then as time went on, we would get together less and less do to members not being able to show up for the above mentioned reasons, etc. At this point, I have a key board player and a drummer or two. Bass and another guitar player seem the hardest to find.
Funny thing is, if my ad was for "classic rock" (which is what most musicians around here want to play), my email would be full of replies!

Takes time. Never give up!
 #133133  by Jon S.

As my government has seen fit to put me on indefinitely furlough, I've been hosting weekday afternoon "Grateful Fed" jams at my place. Might as well jam if I can't work. As Barlow so aptly put it,
And the politicians throwin' stones,
So the kids they dance
And shake their bones,
And it's all too clear we're on our own.
Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down.
Ashes, ashes, all fall down.
 #133135  by Smolder

Jon S. wrote:As my government has seen fit to put me on indefinitely furlough, I've been hosting weekday afternoon "Grateful Fed" jams at my place. Might as well jam if I can't work. As Barlow so aptly put it,
And the politicians throwin' stones,
So the kids they dance
And shake their bones,
And it's all too clear we're on our own.
Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down.
Ashes, ashes, all fall down.

Very nice... great quote Jon.