#131005  by Emoto

gmchart wrote:This was my 2nd show (Colt Park in Hartford 2 days before, the 1st) but not the first time at Roosevelt Stadium. Garcia's slide on Row Jimmy melted something in my knees that has never been the same since. Saw a lot of good shows there, but the best (and maybe the best night of my life (however pathetic that may sound) was Aug 8th 1974 Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young------The night Nixon resigned! Roosevelt was a pit, but for a Jersey guy---It was our pit.
Colt Park was my first show, too!
 #131017  by gmchart

Geez, 37 years ago, this week and two knuckleheads hook up on an internet chat room to share an event. I sure as hell didn't see this comin' on that summer afternoon.........
 #131018  by Emoto

gmchart wrote:Geez, 37 years ago, this week and two knuckleheads hook up on an internet chat room to share an event. I sure as hell didn't see this comin' on that summer afternoon.........
:lol: Yeah, me either.

Did you see the two guys walking around in old-timey clown suits? Remember the burning fence way in the back?

I've "met" other folks were there too, on other boards. The universe is not always random. 8)
 #131019  by gmchart

The clown suits do ring a very faint bell. The burning fence, not so much. After being into the Dead for two and a half years and FINALLY getting to see them, it was pretty much input overload. Traveled by myself to hook-up with friends I'd made in Wyoming the school year before.....right now, it feels like it was somebody else. It takes a 'come-a-long' to get me outta the house anymore. But I've still got the stub--It was me..!