Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #169165  by Jon S.

Welcome to RUKIND. I hope you'll stick around and continue to post even after selling that sweet guitar.

There's something I'm not understanding about the guitar. On the Reverb site you've linked to, it's described as a new TB Designs guitar shipped by the EGC from AL. When I checked both websites, TB Designs lists as their contact point a P.O. Box in Pensacola, FL whereas the EGC lists a street address in Irondale, AL. Is this because the first company owns the TB name and designs and then licenses them to the other company to build?

Also, can you describe what the neck's carve and specs are? I found the specs below on the JG model on line but can find nothing specific on the regular TB500.

TB500 Generation One Features

1.75” slab body
24.75” scale aluminum neck w/ rosewood fretboard
Neck dimensions: 1.75” at nut, 2.25” wide at 22nd fret
Mother of pearl dot inlays
Three white cast resin single coil pickups identical in design to ‘70s models
Brass nut and Schaller tuners
Master volume, autonomous neck tone, middle/bridge tone knobs, three mini on/off pickup switches
On-board effects loop (OLEB)

https://reverb.com/news/travis-bean-des ... rcia-tb500

Thanks.
 #169166  by crosscutsaw

Well I am the only owner of this guitar. It's brand new, only played by me in my house. I thought EGC and TBD were one and the same but I believe you're correct that this is Travis Bean Design out of AL. It shipped to me from there. These are the same folks who did the limited Jerry TB-500s a few years ago and Kevin is making some more right now. Specs are the same as you list with the following exceptions:

The guitar I'm selling or hopefully trading does not have these:

Master volume, autonomous neck tone, middle/bridge tone knobs, three mini on/off pickup switches
On-board effects loop (OLEB)

Otherwise its identical
Jon S. liked this