Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #164721  by Deadhead85

I know its a long shot, but I wanted to throw it out there. I'm searching for a Modulus Blackknife....if anyone is looking to sell one, please let me know! Thank you!
 #164723  by tntawney

Man, there were some nice ones Reverb and Ebay last month. There was a tele shaped blackknife on Reverb that I wanted, but it sold.
 #164770  by yodasfro

Pointy headstock or fender style? One in germany https://www.ebay.de/itm/Blackknife-Modu ... :rk:1:pf:0

And one in England https://email3506.wixsite.com/tonewoodm ... superstrat

There was model t (tele body) although it was pink lol on guitarcenter used a month or so ago. Keep an eye on there literally search everyday.

One in spain https://www.ebay.com/itm/233127546017
strumminsix liked this
 #164829  by Deadhead85

Thanks for the links. Im trying to buy the one in England however the shop no longer accepts paypal for payment due to currency conversion rates. He wants bank transfer and I just can't go that route.
 #164831  by strumminsix

Having owned one I'll caution.... The fretboard radius on BKs are like 7" compared to the Genesis series which were like 14".

Might not matter to you. It was not comfortable to me.
 #164834  by Dozin

They were not all built with the same radius.
 #164843  by strumminsix

Dozin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:04 am They were not all built with the same radius.
Really? I've owned and or played 3 Tele style ones and each was around 7".

Played or owned many Genesis styles and each around 14".

Only ones I haven't played are the point headstock ones.

When I spoke with folks involved at modulus they told me that if the headstock was fender style it was vintage fender radius of 7". And Genesis were 14".

My post should have included that caveat about pointy headstock. What were they?

Did you find different radius than what I was told and measured?
 #164844  by lbpesq

I believe vintage Fenders had a fret-board radius of 7.25". That's what is on my '61 Strat and it is one of the most comfortable necks I've played.

Bill, tgo
 #164850  by HeadSpace

I have pointy headstock version and feel like the radius is definitely flatter than 7". If I think of it I will pull it out and check it with a radius gauge tonight.
 #164851  by Dozin

None of the Blackknife guitars had a 7” radius. Acording to Gould they were more around 12” but not uniformed
 #164853  by strumminsix

Dozin wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:10 pm None of the Blackknife guitars had a 7” radius. Acording to Gould they were more around 12” but not uniformed
Are you talking ALL BK guitars or just pointy headstock ones?

Having held and played and measured 3 Tele style ones I can confirm they were around 7 (1 slightly less than 7.25, 2 slightly more)

My genesis was 14"

When I ordered a neck from Hoeg he said the Modulus Tele ones were vintage radius with the Genesis ones being flatter.

Just a heads up to the OP. Nothing worse in the gear world than buying a guitar online only to not meet expectations.
 #165266  by tntawney

Deadhead85 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:15 am I bought the last one mentioned, cant wait to get it!
That is the coolest looking one I've seen in awhile. Plus, you can dive bomb with it.
 #165267  by Jon S.

Nice score! Come back with a review after you've put it through its paces.