#81723  by Grateful Dad

Help! I play bass in a band whose musical direction is just going in the wrong direction and I am losing my motivation to play. :cry:

Are there any players out there in the Philadelphia/Montgomery/Bucks County area into playing Grateful Dead and related material?

I know a guitar player in the same situation.

pm me if interested!

Thanks!
Last edited by Grateful Dad on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #81724  by strumminsix

Grateful Dad wrote:Help! I play bass in a band whose musical direction is just going in the wrong direction and I am losing my motivation to play. :cry:
Man, my sympathies. I was in a band in the 90s that did that and know the feeling only too well.

I'm quite convinced bands need a leader and mission statement with scope to avoid these things.

In early incarnations of my band one guy was trying to pull a coup and turn us into half dead / half classic rock.

The other said to bring it to my attention, and I simply said that's not the scope of this band. The rest were relieved..

I hope you find some cool cats to play with soon and don't get too discouraged, GD!

Find some open mics, being a bass player you'll likely turn into an instant celebrity! Toss a stealie on one of your basses or cases to grab deadhead eyes! Good luck!
 #81732  by DeadAheadNH

shooot .... Philly is just a little toooo far fro me :(
Still looking for Jerry up here in New England ....... anyone ??
 #81743  by tigerstrat

My 2 cents, edit the title of your thread to specify/mention PHILLY
Last edited by tigerstrat on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #81754  by Grateful Dad

strumminsix and tigerstrat: thank you for the suggestions! I'll check out some open mike nights and I edited the posting title too.

I jam with Tennessee Jedi often but he's going through a tough family time right now and has to put playing on hold. He's a good person so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Dave