#33031  by gratephulphish123

buddah i went snowboarding and it kicked ass, gotta love my season pass. today the snow came in full force and i love it :lol:. hopefully this keeps up till my trip to gore mountain next weekend.

anyone ever ridden a gondola as a ski lift? do you really just jump out at the top? i'm so excited :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#33049  by BuddhaG

dude! gondolas are fucking awesome! i've been on a few: mt. tremblant outside of montreal, killington, lake tahoe somewhere.

its like a regular lift in that it slows down when you get to the loading/unloading zone. the doors just swing open automatically and you got a minute to jump out and grab your gear.

they usually have racks on the outside to put your shit but its kinda freaky to watch your board sway in the wind with like 6 inches of plastic holding it up so i usually bring it inside.

another upside is that they are usually heated.

an even bigger upside is that gondolas are easily converted to become ganjalas. get all your friends in one and bake it out to your hearts delight, make new friends, whatever ya know.

good stuff dude, have fun :cool:

#33057  by Candyman1984

gondolas rule. Baked mine out last sunday in Breckenridge, co just before i moved back to ruff buff. Have fun!

#33072  by shakedown_04092

Aww yea gotta agree that gondolas are the gnar of ski travel to the top of the mountain. :cool:

Rode the J-Hole's gondi the last year they ran it - a shame they're taking it out, that was the best one in the country my friend. Also rode the one up in Tremblant but there's no comparison - once you've conquered the J-Hole gondi there ain't no other. But yeah, you'll have fun. And +1 to BuddhaG's reco.
 #33077  by jjbankhead

High Peaks wrote:Well its 4 pm here in upstate New York and i'm waiting for the snow!!!! We're supposed to get 1 to 2 feet starting this evening. So what did i do??
Of course-- I got a 12 pack of Sierra Nevada and some dank nugs!!! Looks like i have a lot of time to play the next 2 days!!!!!

BTW, anyone here have any copies of Tomorrow is Forever, other than the one from the movie??
they sell sierra nevada in NY????????????

i thought that didn't go any further than nevada...

well if you ever get a chance try the big foot or the Harvest or the IPA they great

enjoy the snow

#33082  by AugustWest

I've seen sierra nevada in every where. Most of my travels are on the east coast but you can buy sierra nevada in the local food lion in virginia.

#33107  by shakedown_04092

Same here jj - pretty much everywhere I go I see it. They have it here in Maine too. Good stuff. I like the IPA, not the Porter so much - yuck! Also have tried a few others but can't remember which ones.

#33109  by shakedown_04092

Same here jj - pretty much everywhere I go I see it. They have it here in Maine too. Good stuff. I like the IPA, not the Porter so much - yuck! Also have tried a few others but can't remember which ones.