#166158  by ShinyAntelope

Greetings,

Hopefully I am in the right area for thisquestion. I am tryign to catch the timing difference between the D and E for CRS? If anyone could harea bit about it I would appreciate it. I am playing bass currently and trying to nail down the changes in time across the song.

Thanks for any help.
 #166163  by Searing75

Well, just listen to the changes and keep practicing. You should be able to feel it.
 #166164  by lbpesq

It goes back and forth between the D and the E until you get to the chorus where it changes a little. You can get the tab for this, along with lots of other Dead and Garcia tunes, in the Jerry Garcia Songbook, version #9 - free on the internet!

https://deadstein.files.wordpress.com/2 ... online.pdf

Bill, tgo
 #166180  by Pete B.

You could try tapping your foot to a two-count on the verses (one, two, one, two...), and a four-count on the Chorus' (one, two, three, four, one, two, three, four...). Etc...
 #166185  by strumminsix

Let's think in terms of barres:
Verse: D / / / | % | E / / / | % |

See? Simple 8 count for each. But the trick is that the leading guitar notes are coming on the 3 and 4 ( or 7 and 8 if you prefer) of the previous bar.

Chorus: E / / / | D / / / | % | E / / / | % | D / / / | % | E / / / | % | ==> verse form which = between verse form
 #166188  by Denis Van

Jerry’s guitar theme/solo is based on the first part of the verse :
D % % E % D % E %
Full verse is
first, D % % E % D % E %
then, E D % E
In-between verses is
D % E %