#11486  by squire758

yea that really sucks because i liked that forum. Please say RUKIND will never be shut down due to "legal liability"/ threats from lawyers

#11488  by strumminsix

From what it sounds like the lawyers were cracking down on the large amount of gear discussion which is odd considering TGP never seems to have those issue.

Sad to see it go. Emil is a good guy from what I know of him and the site was great.

#11492  by tigerstrat

Due to gear discussion??? I can't imagine what would get you into trouble there... or is it maybe tab/song copyright infring kinda thing?

#11494  by strumminsix

Well, the RhomBus page now takes you to a letter from Emil stating too many cease & dessit (sp?) demands from layers and defamation, etc...

I can't imagine that would come from anything besides products. Maybe I'm wrong. He never mentioned tabs or lyrics or chords, etc....

That's a shame. It was a great site with great people.

I'd imagine Gregg has mostly sheltered us from that by limited his content to GD only and leaving the discussions open.

#30563  by shakedown_04092

paulinnc wrote:The Rhombus has been reincarnated. It is now The Oceans Of Osyrus. http://www.oceansofosyrus.com
THANK

YOU

#30572  by paulinnc

The O3 is my homepage these days, although it has been awhile since I have been there. It is definitely not as big as The Rhombus, member wise, but for the most part it has all of the same people, topics etc. Not to mention more stuff, games, audio streaming and such. Pretty cool.

#30589  by smile_smile_smile

when i first saw that topic title i thought you meant the real rhombus in princeton, that place is very chill, done a bunch of partying there and no one has ever stopped us or called the cops, very cool.

#30848  by paulinnc

The oceans of osyrus totally rocks. They got the forums, music downloads and streaming, games and all sorts of stuff. Very cool.

#30849  by kevo

smile_smile_smile wrote:when i first saw that topic title i thought you meant the real rhombus in princeton, that place is very chill, done a bunch of partying there and no one has ever stopped us or called the cops, very cool.
Wow, I live in Jersey and just did some researching and found out that's the same rhombus I would try and climb all over when we would go on walks at some summer camp that was right next door to the IAS. I went to this rhombus for like for like 3 or 4 years. Pretty cool knowing Trey would write songs there and stuff, it's a nice place.

http://www.phish.net/archives/interview ... 99303.html

That's the interview where he talks about it.