#7326  by jck_strw
 Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:01 am
That Jerry clip is featured in the Festival Express movie (although it shows what Jerry actually says to the crowd in reponse to all the yelling). The movie documents the trans-canada music festival/train trip that a number of bands (Dead, The Band, Janis, etc.) took in 1970.

Bunch of free-music loving hippies!

Cool link, thanks.

#7327  by whitelacestrange
 Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:06 am
wow, great clip. yeah some of those rowdy crowds really messed things up. what a lack of respect, i tell you man if i ever saw anyone disrespect Jerry like that i'd take him outside and shut him up.

#7328  by Crazy 9.5 Fingers
 Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:52 am
Festival Express is a great film. I had always heard that Jerry wrote "Might as Well" about that trip which is one of the rare autobiographical tunes Jer gave us. So i was pretty pumped to see the movie when it came out. "Mission in the Rain" is probably the best example of a Jerry autobiographical ditty.

#7329  by strumminsix
 Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:21 am
Hunter wrote MAW but it was about that trip

#7330  by tigerstrat
 Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:33 pm
Crazy 9.5 Fingers wrote:Festival Express is a great film. I had always heard that Jerry wrote "Might as Well" about that trip which is one of the rare autobiographical tunes Jer gave us. So i was pretty pumped to see the movie when it came out. "Mission in the Rain" is probably the best example of a Jerry autobiographical ditty.
Maybe just biographical since he didn't write the words, but also "Lost my boots in transit, babe/ A pile of smoking leather"

Weir got autobiographical with "Heat come round and busted me"

#7331  by phreaker
 Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:52 pm
if only that guy yellin' at jerry knew how broke the dead were throughout the better part of their 30 years