#103726  by Octal

I was thinking that a thread specifically for outlines of different jam structures would be very helpful. I'm sure everyone has times when ideas don't seem to come to them, and something like this would help.

I'll go first with 2 chord kind of thing:
Jam in 7/4, split in 4/4 and 3/4--except it alternates the order:
A7 / / / Dm#7 / / Aadd6 / / Dm#6 / / /
The chords are based off of an A Mixolydian with the addition of a chromatic flatted 6th (D minor has f natural, but Aadd6 has f#): A B C# D E F F# G A.

The idea isn't only restricted to chord progressions either, i.e. motif based jamming, etc.
 #103740  by Tennessee Jedi

I have been trying to throw the Eleanor Rigby theme onto the end of Shakedown but so far it has sucked.
:roll:
 #103768  by mttourpro

Not quite what you seem to be after, but we did a Help>Slip>T Stones a few gigs ago and stayed on the transition part between Slip and Frank's (before we went into TSones) for a while and it (IMHO) was pretty cool.

I like to explore different ways to take a little piece or segment of whatever tune and expand it somewhere new---not that this hasn't been done a lot of times and in a ton of different ways, especially by P and F and to some extent Bob's various weirdnesses to the catalogue............think "Nightfall of Diamonds" ala The OtherOnes, expanded to other tunes.