#75559  by Scott Bardolf

My old piano player thought it was......." if you play nice your gonna always win, Roll away the dew...." He by the way quit Halfstep, found God after a bad trip at Bonnaroo, joined the seminary, quit the seminary and now pickets abortion clinics on Saturday mornings for fun! :roll:
 #76097  by jeffm725

Not a Dead tune, but this is just so frickin' classic it HAS to be part of this thread:

Joe Cocker's with a Little Help from my Friends With Captions!
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xJWxPE8G2c&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3xJWxPE8G2c&hl ... fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
 #76099  by jeffm725

Oh and how could we have left off maybe the all time classic lyric swap..........

Bertha:

I had a Hard-on..........runnin' from your window
 #76101  by Emoto

jeffm725 wrote:Oh and how could we have left off maybe the all time classic lyric swap..........

Bertha:

I had a Hard-on..........runnin' from your window

I always thought it was "I had a hard one" :lol:
 #76118  by hotasaPistol

Lets not forget a couple of more

Smooth Vibarator by Sade

I just wanna be her Underwear by Elvis

:lol:
 #76120  by mijknahs

I think EVERYONE though Bob said "Dark Star" (instead of Dog Star) in Lost Sailor. I remember thinking back in the day, "Yeah, where is the Dark Star? When are they going to break that out again?"

Jim
 #76278  by jeffm725

mijknahs wrote:I think EVERYONE though Bob said "Dark Star" (instead of Dog Star) in Lost Sailor. I remember thinking back in the day, "Yeah, where is the Dark Star? When are they going to break that out again?"

Jim
TOTALLY!! Everyone did think Dark Star there..........Deadheads can be very lemming like sometimes.....

Also, Black Muddy River.The line "When it seems like the night will last forever"....... and everyone cheers.... was kind of stupid....the actual meaning in the context of the song would not be something that should elicit a cheer.
 #166930  by HeadDead65

I swear When jerry sings Terrapin he always puts a little extra emphasis on the word Venus, which is just enough to make me laugh every time.

~spiral like a PENIS! Rising first and sizing best

~ I had to poo!!! I really had to poo-oo!!
that’s why if you please, I am on my bending knees. Bertha don’t you cook around here anymore!

~ Spanish lady cums to me, she lays, trembles and explodes, smiling.. cummin around, cummin around
Cummin! Cummin! Cummin around!

Dicks Picks
Black Throated Wind
Black Peter.. ok that’s all I got, had fun with this thread.

-Well, she went up to her room where she sang a GRATEFUL tune
 #166931  by FLH

I used to sing "Did you ever waken to the sound of three cats making love ". One day my wife broke out the lyrics and showed them to me. She said "Look honey, it's 'street cats making love', not 'three cats', see". That cracked me up. I said "Yeah, I know babe, cats don't have threesomes!"
 #166932  by Emoto

In Loser, I used to think it was "don't you push me baby, 'cause I'm all alone" (instead of "moaning low")

Amusingly, I just googled grateful dead lyrics loser and the answer that it gave on the results page without clicking a link had "all alone" so I guess I am not the only one who thought that. dead.net has it as "moaning low"...
 #166935  by lbpesq

Also from "Looks Like Rain", for years I sang "my basket would be empty if you were gone".

And from "Cassidy", I used to wonder why a draft cold would draw a coffee cup?

Bill, tgo
 #166940  by TI4-1009

OP- It was a relief to hear Bobby in Dead & Co. sing it "nuthatch".

When I took ornithology A Long Time Ago... we had to memorize the Latin family names for all the local birds. Nuthatches are in the family Sittadae, so I pictured the bird sitting on a nut.

The best one was the family Paridae, which contains chickadees and titmice. Logically I put together "chicks have a pair of tits".

50 years later I still remember that. :lol:
 #166962  by kurt eye

Of course there is the infamous line in Sugar Mags-

"She don't come and I don't swallow..."