Place for the rest of the music
 #162396  by MindLeftBodhi

Feedback is appreciated! The ending was a little unexpected. Haha supposed to be a drum break but the drummer didn't get the memo. Anyone in the Bay Area should come on down to the Grateful Dead Open Mic jam at Ashkenaz 9/27/18.
 #162405  by somedirection

Good job! Hard to step into a jam session on a stage and pull it off. Your solo was nice. Only piece of feedback I can think of is to maybe relax a little bit into the solo and have more dynamics (peaks and valleys) in your jam. Your riffs were very nice. Maybe start out strong like you did (State a theme for your jam), then ease up a bit to interact with rest of band and then come back to that same riff (theme) to get to a peak. But what do I know? Do it again and have fun!
MindLeftBodhi liked this
 #162422  by MindLeftBodhi

Hey thanks for the thoughtful response. Thats great advice I can definitely see what you're saying and I'll try to apply it. That is one thing I love about Jerry's playing is how he can lead the band without playing over them at all. I mostly play acoustic so its a lot of fun to jump up with these guys and play with a band. I'm trying to learn as much as I can and do it more often... so again I appreciate the feedback and thanks for watching!