Place for the rest of the music
 #158336  by tcsned

We played this cool festival in New Castle/Catawba, VA on Saturday. It was a benefit for Wilderness Adventure a group that does camps and outdoor activities for kids and teens. Here's our opener:

#158339  by milobender

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Made my evening "o)

You guys are sounding great Tom. Excellent. I really like everyone's playing. I like the lady's rhythm playing a lot.

What does your rig consist of?
 #158343  by tcsned

Thanks all! It was a fun gig, as with most of these things with multiple bands, right when you get warmed up it's time to stop. I think the New River Valley where I live is the most beautiful place in the world, this location was no exception . . . other than a funny animal-ish smell throughout our performance that I could not locate. I was a little concerned that it was in the ground that I had been walking through all morning and would wind up in my truck in perpetuity. After we were done, out of the corner of my eye I spied a pig pen about 50 ft from the stage :roll: "I got a pig at home in a pen corn to feed him on . . . "

My two kids were the ones standing in front of the stage, my son gets easily over heated and towards the end of the show had had it and was trying to give me a sign he needed to get out of the heat by standing in front of us with a "thumbs down" a la Spinal Tap :lol:

milobender - Wendy the other guitarist is badass. She and I are the only two founding members left playing full time. She approaches the guitar more like a piano player as her mom was a piano teacher. While sometimes is a challenge when doing straight guitar rock tunes because of all the things us guitar dorks start doing when we are 14 that she never did, works really well for Dead stuff. We've easily played 1500 shows together over the last 30 years :D

My rig: I was playing the Scarlet Fire Wolf for this one. Usually I bring 2 of my 3 OBEL guitars, the Wolf, the cocobolo Tele that you modded, and my redwood/maple guitar and play both in the first set and whichever seems to have the mojo that night I use for the second set. Effects:Q-Tron+, Earth Drive, Whirlwind Gold Box, T-Rex Dr Swamp, Pigtronix Envelope Phaser, T-Rex Replica Delay. SMS CTP into a Mac 2100 into a 2x12 with Beyma Liberty 8 speakers . . . and a partridge in a pear tree :smile: