#42594  by milobender

I bought this guitar new in Denver, I can't remember if it was still '77 or '78, (I have the receipt somewhere) at Bobby's music I think it was. The salesman said it was the second one in Denver 'o) This was the first model to approximate Jerry's guitar. Man, I thought I was really on the cutting edge :cool:

I've looked all over the web, and have only been able to find out that the serial number, J778568, indicates it was made in October of 1977, and that the model number is one of three possibilities: 2700, 2700P, or 2710.

It's got a nice 7 piece neck (maple and walnut I think) and maple cored body. I don't know what the dark wood of the body is. Active electronics with bass, mid, and treb active tone controls.

Does anyone know anything about this model? I think the Musician series came out the next year, and there weren't many of these made. Under the electronics cover plate, in pencil, is written "41" which I would guess was the production number.

I'd like to find out what it's worth and sell it, as I need the money to build another one for myself.

Thanks for any help. :smile: :smile: :smile: (I posted this same message on the Gearhead site...)

Brian
Last edited by milobender on Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#42600  by Chuckles

I've done a lot of looking into the Musician series, and that's a dead ringer for a MC400... except for the even horns and the "Artist" truss rod plate. And, like you said, the Musicians didn't roll out until '78.

Check it out with these folks. If anybody can figure it out, it's them.

http://www.ibanezcollectors.com/forum/

Try the Vintage, Jim Donahue or Jeff Hasselberger forums. The first has a ton of VERY knowledgable folks, and the other two are former Ibanez employees who played big rolls in the development of this line. (I believe HAsselberger is the guy who helped Wier design his custom Ibanez').

Good luck... let us know what you find out!

That's a either a walnut-stained ash top or it's actually walnut, I think.

#42602  by milobender

I thought it was walnut too, but I think it has been stained, so it's a bit hard to tell... and isn't the body on the MC series non-symetrical? This one is symetrical...

Thanks for the links! :smile: :smile:

#42603  by Chuckles

It's definitely an AR2700, according to the Ibanez folks. Very pretty, IMO.

And also evidently fairly rare. Dude, I think you might have just come into some decent money for your home-build.
:-)
Last edited by Chuckles on Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#42604  by milobender

:thewave:

Totally COOL guys, that's only the second time I've see a photo of this model, and I've never seen the other electronic configuration...

Thanks, as soon as my registration gets finished I'll go into their archives :smile: :smile:

#42609  by caspersvapors

I dont know shit but that is one gorgeous guitar, you know what this thread needs?

sound clips!

lol

#42611  by milobender

:D I don't know if I'll get around to it... But for me, I don't really like these pickups (Super 88s" I think). I like the sound of the new JerryCaster with single coils and the UGB/TS alot better. I used a homemade pickup in the neck position for a while that I liked. I'm likeing narrower frets lately too, and this one has Jumbos on it. The other thing I don't really like about this beast is the weight... it kills my shoulder/neck after a few hours.

I played this guitar exclusively for 12 years, always in bands and bars. I had a fret leveling done after about 5 years, and I just gave it another this week.

It really is a sweet guitar, just not what I like to play anymore... I think I'd rather see someone have it who was going to play it alot more than I do now. :smile: :smile: :smile:

#42612  by Chuckles

Different strokes... I love my MC400 and it's totally bright tone. I have to run an EQ for mid and volume boosts when going it in single-coil, but the active EQ gives a lot of options tonally. Like the longer scale neck and the jumbos, too. That, plus higher action, makes me play more deliberately rather than fall back into bad habits. (See other recent thread.)

Couldn't agree more about the weight though. And the Musicians are beefier than the Artists! :shock:

Hope you find a kind owner for it; it's a gem for the right person.
:smile:

#42615  by strumminsix

It's not worth much. About $100-250.
I'll send you the cash tomorrow, okay?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's a beauty!!! Heavy?

#42619  by alcorelectric

It is a 2700 artist custom
Almost an exact replica of a Greco GO1200?
Made in the same factory as Ibanez
One 1200 recently went for about $800.00 on ebay
T

#42620  by milobender

OK, yeah, I'm not out to gouge anyone... just send me $100 and I'll get it out to you :shock:

She weighs in at a dainty 11 pounds, not as heavy as I would have guessed :roll:

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

#42621  by milobender

Yes, I've figured out it is a 2700P (I believe, the P stands for the remote power supply that came with it).

#42630  by GratefulPat

ill top out strummin with a solid 225$

#42654  by strumminsix

LOL! she's a pretty guitar! If she came in a few pounds lighter I'd make you a sincere offer!