#55162  by lost sailor

I used to fix phone lines for MCI -- I hated wearing those stupid polo shirts and wore my Dead tee shirts instead -- on several occasions while working, I would suddenly hear the boys playing on a customer's stereo -- worked great and made new friends too
 #55186  by NashvilleMike

On the program "morning joe" on MSNBC someone on the sound crew is a head because you hear different tunes now and then as bumper music.

During NASCAR races at Talladega they always play "Alabama Getaway" at least once.

On another connected note has anybody else seen Ricky Ricardo on "I love Lucy" singing "women are smarter" at the club with his big band?

On the old Andy Griffith show I saw him do "Goin' down the road" I think it was with the Darling family.

On WKRP in one episode Johnny Fever is looking at the album "Steal your face" but he didn't play a song.

Do I watch too much TV?
 #56154  by Good Times

Anyone catch ER last night? They played a decent portion of Truckin' while one of the older doctors was flashingback to earlier in his career. The whole scene/idea was put together nicely. :smile:
 #56164  by Pete B.

At the Mollalla, Oregon Rodeo last summer, the first Bronk out of the gate bucked to "Welcome to the Jungle" by, uhhh, 'can't remeber but the guitarist is Flash.
The next horse out bucked to the intro Jerry riff to "Truckin'" (as did several others that night).
I was looking around for any reaction, but I think Me and whoever que'd up Truckin' were the only heads in the arena.
:cool:
 #56175  by tigerstrat

NashvilleMike wrote:On the old Andy Griffith show I saw him do "Goin' down the road" I think it was with the Darling family.
That TV show and song both predate the GD. If you wanna check out an even earlier GDTR, watch the 1940 movie Grapes of Wrath.(dir John Ford)
 #56184  by wisedyes

Speaking of "WKRP In Cincinnatti", I distinctly remember one episode where Dr. Fever puts on Shakedown and you hear maybe the first five seconds or so. Caught part of Touch of Grey on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC last week.
 #59151  by EsteemedLocomotive

I worked for a Carnival one summer on the ferris wheel and every now and then The Dead would get played over the PA system. I would request it a lot, but only get it played every now and then. It was one of the Fillmore Sets.
 #60731  by Django

Maybe doesn't qualify as heard...
But on the FOX TV show Fringe, when the agent finally meets the mysterious charactor played by Leonard Nimoy in his home (office?), there was a set of photos mounted on the wall and there was Jerry and there was Brent at least behind him in the shot.
 #121151  by Jimaroe

I'm a huge Colorado Rockies Basball fan. Apparently, so too, is the sound guy on the radio broadcasts on 850 KOA. He/she will play the Dead almost exclusively while going in and out of breaks. While this person is partial to ripping cuts from studio albums, I've heard everything from Touch to more obscure tunes. It's really cool.