#173362  by Gratefuldrifter65

Hello friends,hope you are all doing well.Does anyone know if the deads previous name the warlocks brought out any tunes that they recorded on record or anything?If this has all ready been talked about on here can you take me to the topic Please,i would be very grateful.But if not does anyone know if they brought out anything? I have had a look around,but could not find anything.I am just wanting to find the the real early stuff.I just really like to study and collect these glorious early years.Pig pen was the main cat when they were starting off,singing wise.But i have heard sum groovy as stuff with phil singing and he sounds dope man,early morning rain.Jerry doing stealin .Glory days brothers,i bet they did not know they were going to be the fu?Kin best .Love the history who doesn't.Respect my friends,take care.From matt in new Zealand.
 #173364  by lbpesq

The Warlocks, later the Dead (not to be confused with The Warlocks that later became the Velvet Underground), had one recording session in November of 1965. I believe that six songs still exist from that session. They were released on “Birth of the Dead” and “The Golden Road (1965-1973).

Bill, tgo
Gratefuldrifter65 liked this
 #173374  by Gratefuldrifter65

Brother Thankyou kindly for your reply,and giving me the answer man.Now the fun part hunting for it ,thanks again,peace to you and your‘s.