#169223  by Jon S.

A friend recorded an old band of mine several years ago on an older model cell phone and posted it. The playing is far from pro level and the recording quality's worse but WTF, the people who used to mock anything less than perfection are no longer on RUKIND and isn't it's all about just loving music and having fun anyway? Oh, and I know my lead (starting at 2:53) is probably as much Dickey as Jerry. FBOW, that's me. 8)

LazyLightning72, phpbb, gr8fulbluz and 1 others liked this
 #169227  by lbpesq

Nice jammin'! Sax is definitely the sexiest instrument. Someone once told me that the guy who invented the saxophone was naked when he did it!

A lead guitarist I've played with on and off sent in an entry, unbeknownst to anyone else in the group, and under a different band name, a few years ago. Certainly not our best, I believe it was the second time we all played together. I'm playing "Bobby" on an Alembic Further, and the bass player is also sporting an Alembic. My vocals come in at about 3:40. Not the finest quality recording, but he did put together a nice slide show of still pics with lots of great San Francisco shots.

Bill, tgo

gr8fulbluz liked this
 #169229  by Jon S.

Excellent, really enjoyed it! :cool:

Nice slide show, too. :-)

TI4-1009 liked this
 #169233  by lbpesq

Not that I think it's a winner, but I was poking around on my computer for an American Beauty or Workingman's Dead cover and found this. It's recorded with a wide angle fish eye camera in my home studio (I'm not really that fat!). I might just enter it, who knows?

Bill, tgo

brianb, gr8fulbluz liked this
 #169599  by Jon S.

cronfile wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:17 pm This is my bands entry!

https://youtu.be/SmCAsh6ZPYc
Welcome to RUKIND!

I'm enjoying your video right now. Your lead vocalist (& keyboardist) is inspiring and I'm also digging the guitar lead! The bass and drums, too, really - it's all fine! :cool:
 #169619  by cronfile

Jon S. wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:17 am
cronfile wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:17 pm This is my bands entry!

https://youtu.be/SmCAsh6ZPYc
Welcome to RUKIND!

I'm enjoying your video right now. Your lead vocalist (& keyboardist) is inspiring and I'm also digging the guitar lead! The bass and drums, too, really - it's all fine! :cool:
Thanks so much brother! I'm the keyboardist/singer, I appreciate the kind words! Is that you soloing at 2:53 of the Eyes video you posted?
 #169624  by lbpesq

Suhweeeeeettt Jack Straw! Excellent vocals and playing!

Since posting above, I discovered the American Beauty/Workingman's Dead theme was for last year. So I'm thinking if I want to enter something, it should reflect our current times. So I'm thinking of this Birdsong which I played with my non-Dead band outdoors and socially distanced last summer until the California fire smoke saturated air made it too unhealthy to hang out outdoors. Either this or I may do something with just me and my geetar.

Bill, tgo

#169631  by Jon S.

cronfile wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:34 pm Thanks so much brother! I'm the keyboardist/singer, I appreciate the kind words! Is that you soloing at 2:53 of the Eyes video you posted?
You’re very welcome and yes. :-)