#168439  by Jon S.

Should you need a change of pace from RUKIND where we all already "get it," consider this 47 page thread that just keeps delivering. :lol:

I don't get Grateful Dead. Really.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... y.2031355/
joethepainter liked this
 #168442  by LazyLightning72

I stumbled across that thread a while back. Skimmed through it, saw the ignorant hate towards the Boys and anyone who is into them at any level. Some of the insults were masked, others straight up rude.

Then there are the best intending Heads, trying to explain why they like them, and give examples for the others to experience, in holes they can at least appreciate the Dead in general. And lastly all those in between’ers

Personally I’ve never understood the point. The unprovoked hatred, or the need of others to explain why they like them.

Jerry made that comment about licorice “We're like licorice. Not everybody likes licorice, but the people who like licorice really like licorice.”

Which has always kinda been my thoughts on it. If you don’t like them, then don’t listen, and don’t be ignorant with comments about how they were poor musicians.

I can say with complete honesty, not a single day goes by that I don’t listen to at least 2hrs of Dead each day, minimum. That’s a low estimate too, cause I listen to something from the archive, Cd, etc... during my afternoon cigar every day. Sirius XM Dead is playing on the tv in my wife and my bedroom the entire time we sleep. And typically it’s on during the day, while I do whatever.

If I had to guess I’d say I listen to them exclusively 99% of the time. On VERY rare occasions I will listen to something else.

I personally don’t care if someone thinks poorly of me cause I’m a Head, that’s their problem not mine. That’s not to say someone wanting to experience some of their music, won’t get some recommendations from me.

I don’t even bother being part of conversations with those that have that weird unnatural hatred. There’s really no point.

Like for me, as an example. With the exception of like 3 songs I don’t like Led Zeppelin. However I recognize they were all talented musicians. Just not for me, so I leave it at that. I don’t go looking for or making threads bashing them, or people who like them.

It’s an alien concept to me, maybe I’m just getting old, lol

Sorry for the book, enjoying a cigar and couldn’t stop typing! (~)}:)
bzbz, joshq, Jon S. liked this