#172722  by Jon S.

I never saw a show there but I hiked the Glen during quiet times. Beautiful!
 #173770  by RiverRat

This thing was likely an Alembic project that didn't make the cut. Hence why it was only seen once.

The upper horn has a similar shape to Wolf's lower horn. The bridge looks like a Tune-o-Matic or an early Star. The pickguard(s) is interesting, it either wraps around the saddles, or they are sitting on it. It also appears to be a two-piece pickguard, with one portion for quick access to the control cavity like Gator. The two visible pickups, middle and neck, look like lipstick-style pickups from a tele or danelectro. The two silver knobs imply mil-spec pots, they favored those or the black knobs for pots that didn't have knurled shafts. It looks just like the quad pickup master volume knob on Big Brown. The control placement itself gives the impression that they tried to stuff as much into a tele-sized control cavity and not route out more than necessary. The neck looks like a stock Fender Telecaster neck.
 #173773  by Slewfoot2000

I know I've seen that guitar in a photo somewhat recently where someone else was playing it in that era. Perhaps Dickey Betts or Robbie Robertson. Trying to look for it again, but not seeing it not.

Based on that, it might have been one of theirs and due to its unique nature was passed around and played by a handful of guys that Summer tour here and there.
 #173796  by Slewfoot2000

Here is that photo I was mentioning before where I saw someone else playing that guitar Bobby had in 73...it doesn't look like the exact same guitar, but it might be something from a similar custom run as there are similarities. Not sure...this photo must be from 78 based on the Wolf with single coils and Jerry's appearance.

The plot thickens!

#173800  by tdcrjeff

Slewfoot2000 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:02 pm Here is that photo I was mentioning before where I saw someone else playing that guitar Bobby had in 73...it doesn't look like the exact same guitar, but it might be something from a similar custom run as there are similarities. Not sure...this photo must be from 78 based on the Wolf with single coils and Jerry's appearance.

The plot thickens!

Definitely not at all the same guitar, that is a Peavey T-60. Looks pretty stock.

I'll admit I don't know who that is.

#173803  by Jon S.

True, dat, but it's freaky, still, how similar the Peavey looks to the other guitar!
 #173804  by lbpesq

I don't see it. Especially after using my iPad to expand the pic. It's hard to tell where the lower but ends and Bobby's shirt begins. Nevertheless, different shape, different pickup configuration, different bridge (T60 has one-piece Strat-style, Bobby's has a two-piece Les Paul/Alembic style), different controls, different pickguard. I'm sticking with my guess that it's a Burns.

Bill, tgo
 #173805  by tdcrjeff

Not that it helps resolve the mystery guitar at all, but I figured out who the Peavey T-60 player is. It's Johnny Vernazza from Elvin Bishop's band. Interstingly, the band also included Melvin Seals and Donny Baldwin. Event was Jerry sitting in 6/4/78 when Elvin was opening act for GD.

https://jerrybase.com/events/19780604-01