#173555  by Dpotorti

Hello, I've written some recollections of my first (5/8/77) and last (12/9/93) Dead shows, plus photos from Jerry's tribute in San Francisco on 8/13/95. Please see:

https://davidpotorti.substack.com/p/king-of-hearts

The substack is called "DOOM Buffet," standing for things I "Didn't Organize, Only Moved," which is what I've been doing with these photos for the last 27 years. I hope you enjoy! -David
strumminsix liked this
 #173556  by Jon S.

Welcome to RUKIND and thanks for sharing!
 #173557  by lbpesq

Welcome to the club. The pics brought back a lot of memories. I suspect I’m in there somewhere. Just as I left my home on the way to the memorial, I heard that Mickey Mantle had died that day. I went back and got my Yankee cap and wore it along with my tie-dye to Golden Gate Park.

Bill, tgo
 #173558  by Jon S.

lbpesq wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:16 am Welcome to the club. The pics brought back a lot of memories. I suspect I’m in there somewhere. Just as I left my home on the way to the memorial, I heard that Mickey Mantle had died that day. I went back and got my Yankee cap and wore it along with my tie-dye to Golden Gate Park.
Can you imagine what Mantle would be like with today's knee surgery/repair methods, pain management techniques, and treatments for alcoholism? It boggles the mind.