#168702  by LazyLightning72

wabisabied wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:02 pm Looks good. How well do those transfers hold up in the wash?
Thanks!
She got the Cricut 2 years ago this Christmas, and she did some shirts that week, that still look brand new.

As long as you turn the shirt inside out while washing it, and hang it up to dry, it should in theory last years. For $6 and change, even if it did fall apart at the 3 or 4 year mark, I think it’s well worth the effort.

They are really cool tools. She’s made me a bunch of custom vinyl clings, and permanent vinyl logos, etc...

She did a permanent one for me not to long ago, for my coffee mug. It’s Jerry’s handprint with a bolt through the center, in red, white, and blue. The friend that’s getting a shirt like this one, liked it so much he had her make one for his favorite cup.
wabisabied liked this
 #168706  by Jon S.

LazyLightning72 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:29 pmShe did a permanent one for me not to long ago, for my coffee mug. It’s Jerry’s handprint with a bolt through the center, in red, white, and blue.
Several years ago, a law clerk for whom I was her supervising attorney, as a farewell thank you gift at the conclusion of her clerkship, made me this coffee mug photoshopped with me with my arm around Jerry. It's perfect for when I I gotta get up in the morning and go and I don't want to touch hard liquor, just a cup of cold coffee. :D

LazyLightning72, lbpesq liked this
 #168707  by LazyLightning72

Jon S. wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:37 am
LazyLightning72 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:29 pmShe did a permanent one for me not to long ago, for my coffee mug. It’s Jerry’s handprint with a bolt through the center, in red, white, and blue.
Several years ago, a law clerk for whom I was her supervising attorney, as a farewell thank you gift at the conclusion of her clerkship, made me this coffee mug photoshopped with me with my arm around Jerry. It's perfect for when I I gotta get up in the morning and go and I don't want to touch hard liquor, just a cup of cold coffee. :D

That’s a very cool mug!
Jon S. liked this
 #168714  by wabisabied

That’s a pretty cool little machine. I’d never heard of it before this thread.

I design (mostly) t-shirts commercially for a living and sell a few of my own designs on Etsy. The Circut seems like it would be great for prototyping and custom one-off orders, not to mention vinyls and other materials. Got my wheels turning here.
LazyLightning72 liked this
 #168720  by LazyLightning72

wabisabied wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:47 pm That’s a pretty cool little machine. I’d never heard of it before this thread.

I design (mostly) t-shirts commercially for a living and sell a few of my own designs on Etsy. The Circut seems like it would be great for prototyping and custom one-off orders, not to mention vinyls and other materials. Got my wheels turning here.
I had never heard of them either. Apparently they have one at her work, and she loved it. Between that and her burning/etching tool (it’s actual name escapes me atm) I have her making things for me all the time. The first one she did for me with that one was a image of my Uncle Sam avatar.