Talk about the recent Tours
 #85771  by jdsmodulus

I caught the Milwaukee show and figured they need a thread. Very good vibes with this band. There were fery few people there, and tickets were discounted. It was so great to see them so intimate and hear those Drumz again. They still can bring it. No Keller at this one, I was hoping he would be there but this show started a new leg of the tour so he is out. Something interesting about the one guitar though, he had a HT cab (real) and what looked to be a modded Twin head sideways in a case. But he also had a Fender something amp and a rack of effects and floor pedals. He did NOT sound like Jerry (to me) He sang really well though. So was he running in stereo? or maybe on certain songs he uses one rig and then switched to the other for a more "original" sound? In the end good show. 2nd set really got smokin. That is all. :cool:
 #85774  by erock

I'm going to their show tonight. I have seats, 6 rows back. I'll give a full report tomorrow

:cool:
 #85817  by erock

mkaufman wrote:So...isn't the guitarist the Davey Knowles?

I'm intrigued...

mk
if by The Davey Knowles you mean this guy http://www.davyknowles.com/ then yes. He totally rips.

Tim Bluhm was the other guitarist, the one with the hard truckers rig. It looked to me like he used that as a backup, as the whole night he was making changes to the silverface twin next to it as opposed to the head that was on it's side.

All of my pictures came out blurry, but i think my friend had a better camera, so hopefully he'll send those pictures to me soon.

All in all it was a good show, but they teased too many songs and didn't play them. I guess they really were the rhythm devils