Talk about the recent Tours
 #20829  by guilhermeful dead
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:33 pm
... had opened up for the Grateful Dead over the years?

Thanks.

 #20830  by Banjomike0319
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:38 pm
Blues Brother, heh oh yeah go Jim go
 #20832  by jdasa
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:54 pm
guilhermeful dead wrote:... had opened up for the Grateful Dead over the years?

Thanks.
I saw Sting, Traffic and Bob Dylan open for the Boys...

 #20844  by big_river_bum
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:46 pm
i believe sting did at some point

 #20845  by big_river_bum
 Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:56 pm
in the early days?

new riders of the purple sage
quicksilver
pentangle
moby grape
big brother
hot tuna


later on?

dave matthews band
chuck berry
the band
bela fleck and the fleck tones
many more

 #22701  by astroman99
 Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:18 am
Patti Smith, Roy Ayers & Ubiguity, Los Lobos, The Band, Traffic, Steve Miller, CS&N, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Etta James, Joan Baez,

 #22702  by Chief5959
 Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:50 am
Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Neville Brothers

 #22707  by tigerstrat
 Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:30 am
The Violent Femmes (unannounced! Buckeye '91)

My alltime favorite: Miles Davis Quintet (Fillmore West 4/10/70)

 #22810  by shakedown_04092
 Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:24 pm
Whooohoooo! Nobody said PHISH yet....I win!

Yessss! Another Dead topic hijacked by a Phish fan.....ooooooh, where can we take this one? Any rocks that haven't been uncovered yet? Any stone left unturned?

Wait....I'm just gonna punch myself in the face first, so hold on....I'll be back in 10.

:lol:


But Phish did open up for them.

 #22815  by amyjared
 Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:24 pm
I saw the Indigo Girls, Cracker, Huey Lewis, Bonnie Raitt, The Tom-Tom Club and several already mentioned.

 #22816  by tigerstrat
 Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:36 pm
shakedown_04092 wrote:Whooohoooo! Nobody said PHISH yet....I win!

Yessss! Another Dead topic hijacked by a Phish fan.....ooooooh, where can we take this one? Any rocks that haven't been uncovered yet? Any stone left unturned?

Wait....I'm just gonna punch myself in the face first, so hold on....I'll be back in 10.

:lol:


But Phish did open up for them.
I think not. Date/venue?

 #22819  by tigerstrat
 Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:41 pm
Banjomike0319 wrote:Blues Brother, heh oh yeah go Jim go
Jim? Who's that?

Let's see...
"Joliet Jake" E. Blues (John Belushi)– vocals
Elwood J. Blues (Dan Ackroyd) – harmonica, vocals
Steve "The Colonel" Cropper – lead and rhythm guitar
Donald "Duck" Dunn – bass
Willie "Too Big" Hall – drums, percussion
"Blue" Lou Marini – saxophone
Matt "Guitar" Murphy – lead and rhythm guitar
Alan "Mr. Fabulous" Rubin – trumpet
Paul Shaffer – keyboards, arranger
Tom "Triple Scale" Scott - sax

no Jims

 #22829  by shakedown_04092
 Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:45 pm
tigerstrat wrote:
shakedown_04092 wrote:Whooohoooo! Nobody said PHISH yet....I win!

Yessss! Another Dead topic hijacked by a Phish fan.....ooooooh, where can we take this one? Any rocks that haven't been uncovered yet? Any stone left unturned?

Wait....I'm just gonna punch myself in the face first, so hold on....I'll be back in 10.

:lol:


But Phish did open up for them.
I think not. Date/venue?
6/31/91. It was an underground show, you probably wouldn't know about it.