Talk about the recent Tours

#20347  by CaptainTrips

cuznt wrote:
CaptainTrips wrote:never mind, I am used to it being in Mariahville, NY.
so then you going to camp creek?
Sounds like a plan. Ive been waiting for a chance to jam with some like minds. . . Id like to think I haven't been running scales and memorizing chord positions ad nauseum for nothing.

#20358  by krzykat

CaptainTrips wrote:nevermind, I am used to it being in Mariahville, NY.
you'd rather goto a place run by the bikers that start fights than a beautiful ocean side park I hope the vibes never goes back to Indian Lookout Country club

#21656  by cuznt

well???
i not only was @ camp creek I got to perform friday night.
woohoo anyone catch shokazoba? they were sunday morning. fantastic
CaptainTrips wrote:
cuznt wrote:
CaptainTrips wrote:never mind, I am used to it being in Mariahville, NY.
so then you going to camp creek?
Sounds like a plan. Ive been waiting for a chance to jam with some like minds. . . Id like to think I haven't been running scales and memorizing chord positions ad nauseum for nothing.
 #21662  by kenneybonz

hi.. we live in va and have been vibes guys for years but did gratefulfest at nelson ledges.. 5 whole nights of dso and it was awesone
we are rethinking the vibes thing and just last night bough ratdog allman bors tix for philly .. the week is easier to manage and it is such a sweet place acoustically plus warren haynes i'd suppose too
but the vibes are so nice and dso thurs is too

#21716  by pfarrell615

i live in ny, and all the heads i know are going, , including myself , thusday night tribute to JERRY is going to be HOT,and i still think DSO is just a cover band!WEIR, MICKEY HART,KELLER,BUDDY GUY,with camping,on the beach, 12 years after the GRATEFUL DEAD, with lots of disposable income,in a world gone mad, were nothings built to last!! i cant wait

#45547  by TerraGin

Anyone going to this years vibes i just got my tickets
 #45758  by Mason's Child

Anyone have any tickets? Willing to pay face value, prefer the early tickets, but whatever. If you don't want to get stuck with them, let me know. Taking the wifey to her first festival. Not exactly loaded, so I'm looking to avoid the 185 + fees.

And DSO is awesome!!! Saw them twice this year. 11/18/72 was unbelievable. Best set list ever!! But more importantly musically they are one of the best things going right now. (I would have said THE best thing going right now, but the Boston Phil n Friends show was unbelievable)

Anyway, gathering tickets??? Anyone?? Good vibes to all, and to all a good vibe.

#45760  by krzykat

Counting down the days till I leave. I thinnk this is my favorite fest!
 #45802  by kenneybonz

its just a few days away and we have been on a holy tear.. had a couple of other dheads over this weekend and the same issue.. just around the corner and so may things to do this summer.. so still not sure...
i haven't been to the seaside yet,, but it's coming up so fast and i need a month to slow down so bad..

but, still, it's the vibes, so, i may talk myself into it.. tom

#45813  by jahozer

My wife and I are going. Wasnt going to, but fuck it, ya know?
We had to choose between that or moe.down. I freakin luuuuuuv moe.down. Cool weather, easy peasy logistics, good tunes, etc. etc. So I said, "moe.down!!"
But as summer rolled along, we chose both! The lineup for the vibes is sick this year. And the venue is awesome.
Again, fuck it!
 #45817  by kenneybonz

what is moe.down.. i take it its moe.. is it like the disco biscuits thing? where is it? when is it?

well, also, we had applied to work gotv, but they keep sending me emails that say they haven't decided on workers, so buy a ticket and they will reimburse, which i don't wholly agree with...

but again, it's really the timing that's tough
 #63550  by kenneybonz

with Vibes coming up next week, is anyone else from here going? my wife and I are helping Rex do a fundraising thing for bridgeport school's music program and really looking forward to going..
anyone else on here headed there?
it was sure fun last year and this year, with the first night starting with donna jean and then dso and the machine after, they are sure making the thursday night something to see...
:hail:
 #64658  by kenneybonz

krazycat.. we were in area X ..the letter.. next to the warf rats, and a bunch of less clothed women and some jersey dudes whod wished theyd known them but were too uptight.. were you in the boards area nearby? we were there but working for rex... a fine charity if i may say.. :wink:
 #66172  by kenneybonz

what a hoot, mfkhay...